Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Cant efile "The Intuit Electronic Filing System is having difficulty recognizing the data in the return you are sending. - 601ERRV:5, CustHdr_17 - ?:? - "

Still not working here. I am hoping that 2-25-22 will be a magic date, because after that I am going to mail it in. Originally, Maryland had listed 2-25-22 as a date for having their forms supported. (and then moved the date earlier)

Cant efile "The Intuit Electronic Filing System is having difficulty recognizing the data in the return you are sending. - 601ERRV:5, CustHdr_17 - ?:? - "

@staff  the site showed which forms were “unsupported” under E-file, but I didn’t see any dates indicating that the status would change to “supported”.  I looked at other state forms availability and did see many that showed a 2/25 release date. That has nothing to do with Maryland, just found it interesting.  In any case, it’s a waiting game.  I still feel there is a glitch in the Business program because the”unsupported” documents are not even required to E-file my particular return.  The state prefers and encourages electronic filing so hanging in and will keep trying.

@RC9111   Maryland had shown the 2-25 a few weeks back. I agree, now, it shows unsupported for the form that is giving us problems EL101B. Most brokerages also have 2-25 as a cut-off date; I suspect it ties back to some federal deadline. In any case, I'll wait no longer than that.

I'm still receiving this message and no errors are listed.  When will the software be able to transmit a Partnership return to Federal and Maryland?

I've got same issue even after waiting until the 18th when all forms were available.

@scorndog  only highlight to e-file now for federal and highlight e-file state later.  Federal will go through without getting that ridiculous message.  All us Marylanders are in the same boat waiting for the state to get their act together!

@rhfritz …check my response to @scorndog.…  This has been a long thread, but no need to go through all the messages and comments.  The bottom line is you don’t need to hold up the federal return waiting for Maryland.

All - I just gave it another attempt to efile state business taxes for MD.  IT FINALLY WORKED!  No thanks to TurboTax support...

Thought I would give everyone an update since TurboTax customer support fails to do so as usual. 

Thanks for the heads up.  I just tried it on mine and it worked as well.  Poor customer service that TT doesn't let us know!

Worked here, too. Let's now see if the problem is fixed on the Maryland non-resident personal return (which has a form with the 8582 form). At least now the business partnership return is filed.

@mneddo12 @dmdriver1 @staff Hallelujah!!! Just filed Maryland Pass-Through Entity Income Return...No thanks to TurboTax notifying anyone that the "unsupported" documents had been released for filing.  I was going to wait until the 25th of February unless TurboTax notified me as requested, but thanks to the community thread and those mentioned above, after seeing you guys succeeded in transmitting, I retried, and it finally went through.

By the way, this whole incident was with the TurboTax Business program.  The TurboTax Home and Business program went through without a hitch for both Federal and Maryland, for those that have to buy two separate programs.

@RC9111- Yup I was in the same boat with having to file multiple returns, business was only issue I had.  Glad I may have been somewhat of some help, and appreciate you coming to the forum to let me know that I wasn't the only one with this dang issue!  Hopefully I don't see myself back here next year!  But if I am, its just to talk to you all, since TT Customer Support won't do anything for us anyway...

CD63

Managed to file the California return, but still getting the message when I try to file the FED return.  Any updates on this??

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

@CD63 

May I ask did you e-file with TurboTax or did you paper file your state?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies