Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Cant efile "The Intuit Electronic Filing System is having difficulty recognizing the data in the return you are sending. - 601ERRV:5, CustHdr_17 - ?:? - "

So TT folks, if someone is reading this, well over a week and all we are getting is more people with similar problems, and no resolution

Maybe time to bring in one of your programming geniuses and make sure they read the entire thread? According to your ads you have 'real people to help'.

NC_Chris

Cant efile "The Intuit Electronic Filing System is having difficulty recognizing the data in the return you are sending. - 601ERRV:5, CustHdr_17 - ?:? - "

I have the same problem as the rest on this forum.  I did the same as Tlinzi and just e-filed Federal.  I just filed Federal and it went through.  It must be something on the state level/forms however i just recieved this email from TT yesterday telling me my forms are ready:

Email: "Your tax forms are ready.

The wait is over! The tax forms we needed to finish up your taxes are ready.

• Form D-400, Individual Income Tax Return Main Form"

Guess my wait is not over

For me it was the State return causing issue. I just select to E-File federal only and it went through. Will come back in a few days/week to try and e-file state (NC state).

@NC_Chris wrote:

I have the same problem as the rest on this forum.  I did the same as Tlinzi and just e-filed Federal.  I just filed Federal and it went through.  It must be something on the state level/forms however i just recieved this email from TT yesterday telling me my forms are ready:

Email: "Your tax forms are ready.

The wait is over! The tax forms we needed to finish up your taxes are ready.

• Form D-400, Individual Income Tax Return Main Form"

Guess my wait is not over

For me it was the State return causing issue. I just select to E-File federal only and it went through. Will come back in a few days/week to try and e-file state (NC state).

The North Carolina Individual Income Tax Return Form D-400 is not yet available for e-filing.  It is estimated to be available on 02/24/2022

Go to this TurboTax website for North Carolina state forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_nc_online_individual.html

Finally success.

Latest updates seem to have solved the problem, at least for me. Hope it works for you too.

I received the same message when attempting to efile my completed/no errors return on 2/7/22.  The message does not have any error code.  I called the same day and spoke to a representative who told me that the IRS has not released all the necessary forms, publications and/or instructions associated with Form1065, U.S. Partnership Income Tax Return.  She informed me that the necessary documents would be ready by 2/11/22.  I attempted to submit my return on 2/11/22 only to get the same message.  I called again and spoke to a representative who said he had not heard of the message and wanted to remotely go onto my computer so he could read the message as if he didn't believe what I was telling him.  After telling him about the first call I made and the explanation I was given, I was told that since it was the same day as the assumed IRS release of associated documents, I should wait a few more days.  Today, 2/14/22, another attempt rendered the same message!  The message makes no reference to any missing documents and reviews of my return are without errors, yet the message specifically states, "difficulty recognizing data".   This doesn't sound like an IRS problem, but a glitch in the TurboTax Business program.  When will TurboTax recognize the problem and make the correction, so the Form1065 can be electronically file?

Appreciate you laying this out in detail @RC9111.  Well said.  Wish they could find a solution.  Real annoying how much we have to pay for this program, only to just sit here and wait and hope that they work out the bugs.  

Sadly, the TurboTax representatives I have spoken with are oblivious to the problem.  One even gave me a phone number for the TurboTax business line, [phone number removed].  The message says the number is no longer being used and to go to the community forum.  Another representative told me the best number to call is [phone number removed], the original number I called.  I initially gave TurboTax the benefit of the doubt and agreed to blame the IRS for the delay, but now realize this is a problem with the TurboTax Business program.  It's frustrating when you call for assistance and the person you are speaking to has no clue as to what the problem is or how to resolve it.  The only consolation if any, is that at least thanks to the community forum, you realize the problem is not with any error on your part, but solely on the part of TurboTax.  A glitch in the program can happen, but it should not take TurboTax this long to correct!

Same issue regarding Maryland return. Were you able to efile?

@mneddo12 

@jcwilliams0Nope, still dead in the water.  Just tried again a few minutes ago.  Zero help from these Turbo Tax reps.

No!  Have tried every day for over a week and called TurboTax four times asking why the Business. 2021 program is not able to process the return.  After spending over an hour just trying to explain the problem and reading verbatim the message, the TurboTax expert has no solution or answer.  I could print the return and mail it, but I purchased the program to specifically electronically file.  The conclusion was that if I did have to mail it in, I could request a reimbursement for the purchase of the program.  Really!?! Going to give it a few more days and repeated attempts before giving up!

Yup I feel the same way @RC9111 .  If I have to mail my return in I will definitely be demanding some type of refund because this is ridiculous at this point.  There's been about 5 so called TT employees on this thread and none of them seem to have an answer, or even provide an update.  @DoninGA @HeatherPLO @DaraLO @CarissaM @TiffanyL Do any of you have any type of update? This is getting to be beyond the point of ridiculous.  It's been over a week since I first brought up my issue.  ANY update would be greatly appreciated. 

No.  Unable to electronically file federal or state...and to add insult to injury, not only is the TurboTax Business program expensive, but a state download is not included and the State of Maryland charges another $50.00 to download the Maryland Pass-Through Entity for Partnership.  The message received when the attempt to electronically file specifically states "Tax Year 2021 transmissions are not available. - TurboTax Business is not ready to process Tax Year 2021 for this return.  So why can't TurboTax tell us why or when they will be able to process the return so we can electronically file!?!

I was able to get it to work be e-filing the federal only. My State doesn't have all it's forms ready for e-file yet.

Thank you!!!  I went back, clicked on electronic filing for federal and unclicked the state and tried again...it finally went through and now waiting for confirmation that it is accepted.  I did get the message that the Maryland state forms were not ready and requested to be notified when they are ready to electronically transmit.  So why wasn't all these so called tax expert representatives who I spoke with multiple times regarding this one issue unable to answer the question and/or resolve the problem?   TurboTax needs to keep themselves updated and train their people!

Check out @tlinzi post.  I tried after reading it and low and behold I was able to electronically file the federal return!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies