turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Cant access last year TurboTax account changed my email how do i recover this account

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

47 Replies

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Cant access last year TurboTax account changed my email how do i recover this account

To get a list of your User IDs and recover account access, you can use the tool at the link below.  Try using your phone number since you can no longer access your email address.   If the phone number doesn't work, I've provided a different method at the bottom of this post.

NOTE: Before running the account recovery tool below, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum, or you might end up in a loop.  Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to the link below.  You may wish to copy this link so you can paste it into the new browser session.

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If still no luck after running that on your phone number, and since you can't access the same email address,  here's another method:

Go back to the tool again, but this time leave the data field blank, and choose the small blue link that says "Try something else", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.

acdm8
Returning Member

I cannot access Turbotax, despite putting in username and password. Turbotax sent me a verification code, which I input, but still doesn't access account. What do I do next?

Grupo1
Returning Member

Need ago for 2018 tax return

@Grupo1 wrote:

Need ago for 2018 tax return

See this TurboTax support FAQ for last year's AGI - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/how-do-i-find-last-year-s-agi/01/25947

• I need my 5 digit pin from 2018 or my agi
AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the instructions below to access your prior year AGI. How do I find last year’s AGI? - Community 

Please refer to the following answer for instructions on how to create a 5 digit pin. What's my 5 digit pin number? - TurboTax 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
KR8
Level 1

please write a link on forgot old user id for starred acct recovery and cant get into old icloud email broke phone

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

If you cannot log into Turbo Tax at the Sign In screen, go down to I forgot my TurboTax User ID or password.

If you can log into TurboTax successfully, then you can check your account with Turbo Tax by using this link.  It will take you to Account Recovery, where you can update your information.

Angie66

I can't access for last year tax I can't finish my taxes with out it

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

If you cannot log into Turbo Tax at the Sign In screen, go down to I forgot my TurboTax User ID or password.

If you can log into TurboTax successfully, then you can check your account with Turbo Tax by using this link.  It will take you to Account Recovery, where you can update your information.

You can also go back to the tool again, but this time leave the data field blank.  Then choose the small blue link that says Try something else, and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.

Need Aig number of 2018

@Bree4948  wrote:

Need Aig number of 2018

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/how-do-i-find-last-year-s-agi/01/25947

To access your current or prior year tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on View adjusted gross income (AGI)

Or go to this IRS website for free federal tax return transcripts - https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

If your tax return continues to be rejected with the 2018 AGI then enter a 0 (zero) for the AGI and e-file again.

If this is also rejected then you will have to print and mail the tax return.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for printing a tax return for mailing - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online...

I had to create a different account for this year, but I still need access to my 2018 data . I cannot log in, I have tried the request form and no one has gotten back to me at all

@chrisocampo1226 wrote:

I had to create a different account for this year, but I still need access to my 2018 data . I cannot log in, I have tried the request form and no one has gotten back to me at all

Go to this IRS website for free federal tax return transcripts - https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies