Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Kwright25
Returning Member

Cannot Fix Entry Error

Here is what worked for me and saved some considerable time.  During the Smart Check/Review Page you can right-click on the checkmark "Sale includes a disallowed wash sale loss" and select override and uncheck that box.  You can then right-click on the rounded zero in that same row select override and delete out the zero.  Click continue and repeat for all errors found during the review.  I stumbled upon this when I refused to search through the 1000+ transactions from Betterment to find the 118 rounding errors.  Took me about 30 minutes to go through the 118 errors, longest part was the calculation between each error.  P.S. I am on the desktop version, not sure if this work the same on the online version.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot Fix Entry Error

It's slow, but rather than using the step by step form, I was able to use the "forms" view. Right click on the x in wash sale and select override. Uncheck it. Then right click on the zero, select override, and remove the $0. Repeat 500+ times 😕

Cannot Fix Entry Error

This actually did work.

42baker--
Returning Member

Cannot Fix Entry Error

Agree - that works! The only thing is that it reduces the capital gain so  it reduce total capital gains on the return. So the amount will show less than the 1099 for the Capital Gains. My difference is only $10 so my refund is the same. Is the fact that those amounts differ but the refund is the same- is that OK from a IRS perspective. Any CPA’s  answer this?

42baker--
Returning Member

Cannot Fix Entry Error

How did you upload a PDF. The one for Crypto Currency is a csv file and that I figured out. Don’t see how you do a PDF. 

jackytreehorn
Returning Member

Cannot Fix Entry Error

Everyone having this problem... Start off with making sure your using Google Chrome. I heard someone say that worked for them. Then I tried it and it worked for me... much easier than doing anything else.

Cannot Fix Entry Error

Just wanted to say, I was doing my taxes on a Mac book, tried it on my phone a week or 2 later and it worked. Not sure why but I have a Samsung s20 plus so I'm nit sure if its inconsistency with macs software or what..

sivali

Cannot Fix Entry Error

I still have the same issue here last time I checked. When can Turbotax fix the issue??? Is there an estimated schedule to upgrade the software?

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

Cannot Fix Entry Error

If you are referring to having an issue with the wash sale, please see the FAQ link provided below for assistance. If this does not address the issue you are having, please let us know by responding back here:

How do I fix my 1099-B negative values?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
khonllc
Returning Member

Cannot Fix Entry Error

still your 1099 b have software problem. please fix it.

khonllc
Returning Member

Cannot Fix Entry Error

TURBO TAX STILL HAVE 1099 B NEGATIVE VALUE PROBLEM. PLEASE FIX IT. I CAN'T DO E FILE

toni12345

Cannot Fix Entry Error

iam trying to get to ein # to fix it 

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

Cannot Fix Entry Error

The issue has been fixed.  For solution, click here:  1099-B negative

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies