- Open or continue your return in TurboTax and search for wash sales.
- Select the Jump to link at the top of the search results.
- Answer Yes to Did you sell stocks, mutual funds, bonds, or other investments in 2020?
- On the OK, what type of investments did you sell? screen, select Stock, Bonds, Mutual Funds. Then select Continue.
- From here, you can import or manually enter your 1099-B.
- Answer the questions about your sales. Choose to Enter sales one by one when asked.
- On the Now, we'll enter one sale on your 1099-B screen, enter your info. Check I have other boxes on my 1099-B to enter and enter the disallowed wash sale loss in box 1g.
- Select Continue and answer any follow-up questions.
Note: You'll need TurboTax Premier, TurboTax Live Premier, or TurboTax Self-Employed, TurboTax Live Self-Employed, to add any 1099-B forms.