Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Lms1
Level 2

Cannot e-file, Asking me to Update

The email remove the number for some reason [phone number removed]

RAL1

I Received a similar note regarding my California Tax return, saying that I couldn't file electronically because Schedule K-1 Worksheet-Partnership had not been approved.  Approval is expected by 2/13/20, when I will get an email and update permitting me to file CA "Non-Resident" tax electronically.  I could still file my Federal and VA returns electronically.  Not sure if you have similar issue.  

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

Certain federal and state forms have not yet been finalized.  If your return contains one of these forms you will not be able to file your return until the form is ready.  For current information on forms availability please click on the applicable link below:

TurboTax Online automatically updates the website when the forms become available.

In TurboTax CD/Download, you will be prompted to download any updates available when you open the program.  You can also update the program while you have it open by following these steps:

1. Click on the Online link in the black bar at the top of the page.
  2. Click on Check for Updates.
  3. TurboTax will download and install any updates available.  If there aren't any updates, you will receive the message "Your software is up to date."

NOPE. ANTIVIRUS OFF. DELETED AND REINSTALLED 3 TIMES. ONE HOUR WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE

I DID SUBMIT MY 2 DAUGHTERS LAST MONTH WITH NO ISSUES. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS!!!!

NOPE. IT SAYS ITS UP TO DATE AND THEN TRY TO SEND AND I GET THE ERROR

FIX IT

where is Menu to check for any updates

mgnj
Level 1

Thank you so much for your post! I was almost freaked out when TT refused to e-file my NJ and NY returns. I not only restarted my computer, but also updated its BIOS.  Also cleaned disc and system files. Turned off McAfee as well. All in vain. Couldn't even talk to a TT support because today is 4th of July! The whole morning I was helplessly stuck inside the endless loop! Then I found your post and clicked the TT Update Loop At e-file link. Although it only offers NY manual update file, hoping to solve NY problem first, I downloaded NY manual update. Unfortunately, my Windows Installer aborted installation due to some "program missing" or version mismatch. I moved the patch file to different locations on the disc but neither worked. Anyway, after went through many trials, I finally made it work. My solution is: disable McAfee, re-download state program, then clean disk and system files as you suggested, launch TT to make sure state update happens, e-file that particular state return. I've been using TT for 20 years, this is the first time it gave me such a big headache. Good luck to all TT users!

Bejay1

Had the same issue today with my 2020 return.  Uninstalling an older downloaded edition, then reinstalling the latest update from my TurboTax account worked.  After the install it recognized a State version that wasn't available before.

I am having the same problem.   After clicking on file in the menu, I don't get any options to efile and program is up to date.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

@chuckp5031 Since you are responding to an old thread, can you elaborate more on your issue? In which screen are you getting the error, and what does the error state exactly?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies