Can you please make TurboTax 2019 compatible with Windows 7. I don't want to change my OS just to run TT. Perhaps if enough folks complain, TT will change its ridiculous plan. I've been a user for 20 years and this really ticks me off.

If you still use Windows 7 you need to be concerned with security issues after January 12, 2020.  While you can always use 3rd party programs (other than those than come with Windows 7), Microsoft will STOP providing security updates for Windows 7 after that date.  Support for Windows 7 will end on Jan. 14, 2020.  After that date Microsoft will no longer issue security updates to patch discovered vulnerabilities in the OS.  At that point your exposure to hackers will increase.  I strongly recommend that you upgrade to Windows 10.

Are you aware that you can set up a dual boot on a computer - it is easy to set up and you can find directions on the internet?

Critter: I've got a 2011 iMac. Running Windows 7 on VMWare Fusion. I run TT on the Mac OS but I could run it on Windows 7 on VMWare just as easily. On 1/1/2020 I will install Windows 10 on the VMWare application. No new machine required in either case.

aircarl:

Thanks for the tip.  I did a little quick research and think I get how to set it up.  Now a basic question.  If I have a dual boot set up on my pc - one Win 7 and one Win 10 - if I boot up with Win 10, will I still see my other programs and will they run on Win 10?  For example, I have Firefox on Win 7 which stores my bookmarks and some login info for various websites.  If I boot in Win 10, will I see Firefox and will it retain all my bookmarks and login info?  Same question for Outlook?  Will all my saved email addresses carry into the Win 10 version?  I'm curious to understand what I'm getting into.  I assume some old programs will not work in Win 10 - that's the downside of any upgrade.

If you want to get fancy, you can run Windows 10 in a virtual machine under Windows 7 (I have done this).    But this all depends on what Intuit means by  "not supported"; if it means "we are going check for win 7 to make it not run at all" that's pretty extreme;  but if its "we won't even try to support you if you are running on windows 7", then is likely not to actually block people from using it.  Considering that Intuit has not fixed some basic usability problems in the 10 years I've been using it, I doubt they are going to make any significant code changes in the normal course of development to make it NOT work on Win 7.   As of today, I see that independent stats show windows 7 hold 31% of the windows install base (win10 58%, Win 8.1 only 6%).  Seems like a bad business decision to cut off sales to that segment of the market. Plus, Microsoft does patch OSs after the support ends, if the issue is severe; Win XP was patched in May 2019.

online would be fine for those with one return but how about for a family of 6 - husband wife and 4 adult children who have to file returns.  great for TT's bottom line not so great for family.   

so.     some are still running win 95 or win xp.     i tried the compatibility check with win 10 and have expensive custom  software that is not compatible.   if TT is willing to reimburse me with the cost (originally in the $ 000's) of replacing this software, I'd be more than happy to migrate to 10.      hope it works even if no support for those running win 7.  if not, dual boot or virtual machine.  of course    

Microsoft is putting Windows 7, one of the most popular windows versions, to bed. Unfortunately, thousands of people prefer Windows 7 and now will be without support. TurboTax is also one of the most popular tax preparation products on the market and they will have tons of extremely unhappy people if they have to switch to Windows 10 in order to use TT. Hopefully, beginning with the 2019 tax year (in 2020), TurboTax will make some accommodations for all the people who prefer to keep their tried and true, big blue, Windows 7. Thank you for your support!