Solved: Re: Can't file due to this: K-1 Wks-Partnerships (... - Page 2

Can't file due to this: K-1 Wks-Partnerships (xxx LLC): Box 16 Description has been entered for foreign tax paid or accrued but no entry has been made for codes D-H or for foreign sourced income at the individual level on the K-1 Additional Information w

I am also experiencing something similar.  16 I is 0 but it is making me refill it as 0 but then not accepting it. I do have other 16 categories on my K-1.

Go back to the K-1 interview and cycle thru until you reach the box 16 drop down box with the entries.

To delete 16 I, put the pointer on the amount and delete it.  Then put the pointer on the descriptor to the left and click on it. The drop down menu will appear.  Scroll up to the top where it is blank and click on it. That will delete the descriptor.  Both the amount and the descriptor must be deleted to clear the error.

Below is the screen that appears after the "Enter Box 16 Info."  Note that you can have either foreign or U.S. interest expense or both but there has to be a corresponding income to match.  If in your case you only have foreign interest expense, then insert foreign income that is at least equal to the expense.

f1116 interest expense.png