Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Jo5832

Can not install turbotax 2020 on windows 10 laptop. I need update.

This worked for me, and I changed resolution back after I got past the screen with the issue, and Turbo Tax seemed fine after "  That was to reduce the screen's resolution to its lowest resolution of 800 x 600.  It shrinks the screen similar to having a 4 x 3 screen on your large wide screen TV, but TurboTax Deluxe 2020 worked fine for me after that." 

I suspect this is something bigger than a Turbo Tax issue as I've seen resolution issues crop up with new versions of Windows and other programs.

higley4usnow
Returning Member

i purchased the deluxe turbo tax and it wont load .  Ive used this for years however for some reason it isn't working this year.  I have a hp and i have windows 10

higley4usnow
Returning Member

it doesnt launch

higley4usnow
Returning Member

tried everything

purchased from Office depot

higley4usnow
Returning Member

no not new same computer Ive used for a few years

higley4usnow
Returning Member

can you give mne a phone number so I may speak to a live person

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Please use the following link to contact us.

Let the agent know what is happening and they will be able to assist you. 

Contact TurboTax 

@higley4usnow

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
robmaciver
Returning Member

Hi, this will sound weird but it worked for me.  It's a resolution bug - try reducing your screen resolution to 800 x 600 -- don't forget to make a note of your original screen resolution! Then launch TurboTax. When I did this, it no longer got hung up at the white screen with the blue dot, as it had been doing. Once TT has launched successfully, go back and return your screen resolution to its original setting and you should be good to go. Good luck! -- Rob 

I couldn't load TT20 Home & Office on new Acer Aspire 5 A515-56 Laptop.  Tried loading 5-6 times and finally got message that my TT20 was missing code to be able to authenticate.  Sent disk back to Intuit and received check and bought another disk.  Wouldn't upload and then I found out my machine had Windows 10 Version 20H2 and somewhere in my search I found that the Microsoft default setting for my version was to only accept uploads purchased from the Microsoft Store.  I changed that (recommended) setting to accept to uploads "from anywhere". Got to place to put license code but wouldn't allow typing code into code box.  Then I found this thread and went into computer and changed resolution to 800x600 from 1920x600. Went back and clicked on TT20 icon and it opened went thru update and got to screen requesting license code-typed it in and followed some prompts ended up with the GREEN CHECK MARK.  Went back and changed resolution to 1920x600 and started filling out tax data.  Program couldn't find TT19 tax data which I tried to upload before I switched off the load only from apps bought from Microsoft Store.  Still need to load old TT19 form onto laptop.

Please HELP!!!!! The above subject is the same problem I am having

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Please see the link below for details on how to troubleshoot and install your TurboTax program.

Troubleshooting steps to install and run TurboTax

@Yvonne Meurkson

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I posted the below message last Saturday. Since then I was able to load my last yrs TT19 tax return and

TT20 extracted the old data from TT19 and TT20 has uploaded other financial data directly from sources.

Had to change go to "Settings" then chose "Apps" then went to "Where to Get Apps" and changed "The Microsoft Store Only" to "Anywhere".  Before doing this I couldn't load my TT19 form onto the computer.

I couldn't load TT20 Home & Office on new Acer Aspire 5 A515-56 Laptop. Tried loading 5-6 times and finally got message that my TT20 was missing code to be able to authenticate. Sent disk back to Intuit and received check and bought another disk. Wouldn't upload and then I found out my machine had Windows 10 Version 20H2 and somewhere in my search I found that the Microsoft default setting for my version was to only accept uploads purchased from the Microsoft Store. I changed that (recommended) setting to accept to uploads "from anywhere". Got to place to put license code but wouldn't allow typing code into code box. Then I found this thread and went into computer and changed resolution to 800x600 from 1920x600. Went back and clicked on TT20 icon and it opened went thru update and got to screen requesting license code-typed it in and followed some prompts ended up with the GREEN CHECK MARK. Went back and changed resolution to 1920x600 and started filling out tax data. Program couldn't find TT19 tax data which I tried to upload before I switched off the load only from apps bought from Microsoft Store. Still need to load old TT19 form onto laptop.

jhnttrpp

I bought the laptop yesterday. 5 16 2021

I just bought a new HP (July 2, 2021).  It has the latest Window 10 operating system.  I downloaded my TurboTax 2020.  When I launched the activation window came up but was blank.  From previous comments, I changed my  display resolution from 1920x1080 (recommended resolution) to a lower resolution.  This allowed me to see the activation window and put in the activation code.   I hope TT gets this fixed for the current software and for 2021 software.

mokena44

Activation screen comes up blank

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies