turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

starzzbbc

Can I use turbo tax to file my 2019 taxes from the Philippines and going forward online as I did in the US?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Can I use turbo tax to file my 2019 taxes from the Philippines and going forward online as I did in the US?

You can use the program from anywhere in the world and if you have an internet connection you can even efile them.

BUT....

1)  but you will need a USA Credit Card with a USA billing address if you use the Online software and are required to use any of the Deluxe, Premier, or SE versions.

or

2)  IF you use the desktop software, you will need a the same as #1 to e-file the state forms (extra fee for that...if you need to file a state tax return), but you can mail-file the state instead.  The issue there is getting a valid copy of the software from the USA  (Friend or family in USA can buy it for you. don't be tempted to buy a hacked version from sketchy websites)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies