Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

darius5

Can I disable animations to speed up the process? I know the calculations are done instantly and the animations are just for show. I'd like to skip them.

All of the animations (where it says it's finding info or calculating stuff in the background) are there just to make it seem like the work being done by the system is difficult and time consuming but in reality, the calculations are nearly instant.  I'd rather not have any of my time wasted by useless pandering.  Can I turn off all animations?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Can I disable animations to speed up the process? I know the calculations are done instantly and the animations are just for show. I'd like to skip them.

There should not be animations within the Turbo Tax system. 

You can  try turning off your flash, or check for an auto play feature that is enabled. 

If you need additional assistance, please click here to contact customer support. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I know what she/he is talking about and it is very annoying.

Not as annoying as the "Good News!" and "You're so lucky you got no penalty." baloney that keeps coming up.

darius5

I'm glad someone understands what I'm talking about.  Let's do away with the unnecessary progress bars and the "running calculations to to sure you got the best blah blah blah..."  If I don't need superfluous progress bars and animations designed to give me the "warm fuzzy feelings" on my TI-83 calculator, I don't need them here, either.  Let's turn that stuff off and just stick to loading the next page.

VanPoth

Are you trying to be funny or what? Every time you hit "Next" on any screen we're inundated with long, drawn out, useless animations that basically pretend the website is "calculating" something.

How can you be an expert in this website if you don't know that it's absolutely crammed with useless and annoying animations?

wrong.  animations add hours to the process.  be honest and tell us how to skip animations. fun fact, even posting this message resulted in an error: 

Correct the highlighted errors and try again.

• Post flooding detected (community received posts of a unique message more than 1 times within 3,600 seconds)

even more fun, it failed twice.

aekdb1

I agree, there needs to be a "pro" version of the website where you can turn off the silly stuff, easily work on different areas, etc. Rather than answering all the dumb questions in a row that you don't need to do.

If you buy the Desktop program it doesn't have animations and you can skip around not need to go though all the questions.  And several other advantages and features over the Online web versions.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies