Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I change or reset gross receipts or sales in TT Business without deleting form 1065

In the Income section on the Enter Service Receipts screen, there are two options: Enter total amount or Enter Amounts by Category. I initially entered the amounts by category, but later decided to simply enter the total. In the process of doing this, I somehow managed to get the screen stuck with both entry methods selected (checked).  I cannot find a way to deselect one of the methods or reset this section so that nothing has been selected or entered.

I tried switching to forms view and entering the total, but it reverts back to blank/zero. Is there anyway to solve this issue without deleting the entire form 1065. Would appreciate your help!Enter Service receipts Both Options Selected.pngUnable to change Gross Sales or Receipts Line 1a Form 1065.png

PS 2 screen captures attached.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Can I change or reset gross receipts or sales in TT Business without deleting form 1065

Have you tried entering your Total service receipts in the top box? Generally, you can switch from one to the other and TurboTax carries your entries back and forth. Just be sure you don't enter your amount twice.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@PatriciaV  I'm trying to remember the exact order I (attempted to) change the entry method. I definitely remember entering the total in the top box. Common sense tells me I clicked the top radio button and entered the total, but I distinctly remember having to delete the category names I had created the bottom boxes.

I forgot to mention this. When I switch to forms view and try to manually enter the number it appears to think I am still in "category" mode because the there is a plus symbol  to the left of the entry box. When I click it, it asks me to enter supporting details . Instructs me to add supporting details.png. OR maybe that is always there? Regardless, I did try clicking both delete line even though there were do visible entries and I did click remove thinking it might remove the checked radio button. It's like they are both locked in place.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies