turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

CA_MCTR_Payment - rejection

@Phil H people that are getting accepted are deleting the 1099 logging out then logging back in and adding it again.

That’s good! 

Niaakana

Thank you I finally got accepted when I put in quotation marks on “CA MCTR” 

Ale11

I bought turbo tax , and you have 5 taxes that are able to efile with the program. My questions is I got my personal taxes rejected twice on Friday for the MCTR payment, so do I have 3 taxes to efile left or 4? . My family and I, we use the same software each year, so this year we will need to get a new one or what is going to happen, I think turbo tax should fix this and dont count the rejections for this code.

Lol you can file more than 5.. someone above said they were rejected 10 times and it finally was accepted today lol..  and mine was rejected about six times and was accepted today as well  after I deleted the 1099 and re-entered it.. but you can do whatever you feel is comfortable For you, but as you see multiple people on the thread instructed what to do for it to go through, including myself, but again do what you feel comfortable wait til late next week or follow our prompts .. up to you. @Hulababy777 

@Ale11 

I believe that the 5-file-rule means once you successfully file - you can start 4 other returns for any other individual. So, it's not per file (attempt) but per person/profile/successful file. Meaning one purchase could essentially help an entire household file instead of each household member having to purchase TurboTax individually. If there is a threshold rule on attempts... I am not aware of any. And I hope there is not a threshold on attempts seeming as many of us have to troubleshoot this issue over and over again.

feroz22

Got this working, there are few steps that I had manually do it, go to Federal, under wages and income, I need to 1099 Misc, for MCTR.

I had repeat the same for state returns too.

After doing that my tax returns we accepted.

@feroz22 

Wow!! Congrats! What did you enter in state??? I just entered mine in Fed... is there a place in state to enter the MCTR?

I just removed and added the 1099 and just got accepted!!

I believe it was also incorrectly included (in error) in your Federal Adjusted Gross Income, so it is also being included in the California AGI calculation.

Check to see I am correct.

Turbo-Tax says that the CA-MCTR is both State and Federal income tax-free.

Jeska367

Just submitted mine now it went through so try now 🙂

I was thinking of the same thing but I already paid and even upgraded because I wanted to talk with a live person. I want to go to another provider but i dont know if ill get refunded for the money i paid. This is so frustrating

Yes I’ve tried everything, I’ve talked to about 8 people from turbo tax for help , they seem not to know why this is happening, finally I just requested my refund , you will have to go get your taxes done elsewhere this form 1099- misc real gave a lot  of people problems .

Good morning. I read through so many of these responses for the last 2 days! I did the suggested, “delete the 1099 and redo it” I just got an email that it was finally accepted. It was denied 6 times, so I don't think the 5 time tules applies to this. 

I did put the payment in with the “ “ for good measure. Good luck everybody!! Thank you all for the help!

Good morning after being denied twice I was finally accepted. I didn’t want to wait until Tuesday so I deleted the 1099 from (wages & income) signed out. Signed back in & input the 1099 as (other common income 1099-MISC) I answered the questions input State of California Franchise Board. The tax payer # & input the amount on box # 3 but most importantly I added the quotation marks when it asked for description “CA MCTR” I then selected the California Middle Class Refund option and saved it. Went over both Federal & State saved & re filed. I had done this before but the fact that I deleted the form, signed out, signed back in this time I added the quotation marks might of helped. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies