Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

tok7tubo
Returning Member

CA_MCTR_Payment - rejection

Hi Cespinoza64

Sorry, I can not answer your question.  I hope someone else can help you.  I am a very new member….

ee-ea
Level 15

@Cespinoza64 

Not on Fed. Not on CA.

Hello I was wondering if you ever got your issues resolved I also only received $350. How did you file? Did you report it to the feds or just the state?

ee-ea
Level 15

tok7tubo
Returning Member

Please let me know the below question for anyone who sent your e-file last two or three days.

As of Feb 17th, 2023, for people who e-filed their return within the last two or three days, did they delete or left information for 1099-MISC (CA MCTR) on their Turbo Tax program before sending your e-file?

I would like to know how the IRS and CA Franchise Tax Board accepted your return.  Thank you!

SantinoD
Expert Alumni

If you entered the 1099-MISC from the CA MCTR in TurboTax, you can delete it. The federal and state have determined that this refund money is not taxable. 

To get to the section for miscellaneous income in TurboTax, go to Form 1099-MISC 

@tok7tubo 

tok7tubo
Returning Member

Thank you so much for your response.  Also, I would like to thank all other tax expert personnel who answered my question.

I would like to add that when you enter a form 1099MISC into Turbo Tax and then select MCTR as the reason for the 1099, it does not affect your taxes owed.  It acts as if you did not enter it at all.  Therefore, just to avoid any delays with a "missing" 1099, it might be a good idea to enter it anyway.  I am not sure how the IRS computers will react if a 1099 is missing even though it does not affect the taxes owed, but why take a chance on a possible delay if you are expecting a refund?  If you owe money, then who cares.  Just my 2 cents.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies