Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kdkmorgan

My son's (a dependent for 2016) federal income taxes done in TurboTax don't look like they indicate he was covered under my insurance for the year. Is this correct?

I have filled out and completed my income taxes correctly with my son listed as a dependent and as being covered under my insurance for the year, so I though this would somehow be indicated in his forms somewhere, but it isn't obvious and I can't see it.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My son's (a dependent for 2016) federal income taxes done in TurboTax don't look like they indicate he was covered under my insurance for the year. Is this correct?

Because he is a dependent, the information is not included on his tax return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Because he is a dependent, the information is not included on his tax return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
kdkmorgan

Thank you!
qmccarty2016
Returning Member

im trying to get paper work on what why I couldn't file my son on my taxes of 2018 when I have papers states that I can

@qmccarty2016  Did your efile reject because his ssn was already used?  Did he file his own return and claim himself?  Or  maybe someone else claimed him like his other parent?  If your efile rejects you will have to print and mail your return this year to claim him.  Then the IRS will determine who is able to claim him.

qmccarty2016
Returning Member

I believe that his father claimed him but I do have paper through the courts stating that it was my year to claim our child how do I go about this

How to switch from Efile to Mail Online

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2552645-how-do-i-switch-from-e-file-to-file-by-mail-in-turbotax-on...

Be sure to attach copies of your W2s and any 1099s that have withholding on them.  You have to mail federal and state in separate envelopes because they go to different places.  Get a tracking number from the post office when you mail them for proof of filing.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies