turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

As clergy, I get a W-2 as an employee for income taxes, but I'm considered self-employed for SS

Am I an employee (thus, this credit wouldn't apply to me) or self-employed (I can qualify for the credit)?  Adding the credit significantly impacts my tax burden so I appreciate your guidance.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

As clergy, I get a W-2 as an employee for income taxes, but I'm considered self-employed for SS

there are dozens of credits, which one in particular?  is the statutory employee box checked on your W-2

Mike, thank you for the questions!  Box 13 is unchecked on my w-2 so I am not a statutory employee. 

One of the credits under the deductions and credits section is shown as “Tax relief related to COVID-19.”  Under that, two of the options are “self-employed sick leave credit” and “self employed family leave credit.”  It seems I’m qualified to seek these credits based on their descriptions but I want to make sure I’m considered self employed.  Thanks so much for your help!!

Hi, Mike,

If you have the chance to reply this weekend, Texans have until Tuesday to file and I would love your insight, please.  Really appreciate your help!

@AggieJen 

[removed, by me]

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies