turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Are there Any update on stimulus deposits that was rejected

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

24 Replies
HollyP
Employee Tax Expert

Yes. You can find the most up to date information at IRS Updates on the Second Stimulus and TurboTax Updates on the Second Stimulus.  

In the rush to get the stimulus payments out the IRS sent some payments to an account that may be closed, is no longer active, or unfamiliar. By law the financial institution must return the payment to the IRS.   

You can confirm the status of your stimulus payment at Get My Payment.   

• If it shows a direct deposit date and partial account information, then your payment is deposited there.  

• If it shows a date your payment was mailed, it may take up to 3 – 4 weeks for you to receive the payment. Watch your mail carefully for a check or debit card.   

• If it shows "Payment Status #2 – Not Available," then you will not receive a second Economic Impact Payment and instead you need to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on your 2020 Tax Return.  

If you paid for TurboTax with your refund last year, we have given the IRS your correct account information and you can expect the IRS to make a second attempt within the next few days.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Manthonys1984
Returning Member

You can confirm that if it states payment status “ not available “ that we 100 percent will not be getting the stimulus?? This is very troubling since i had to jump through hoops for the first one.

atiamike25
Returning Member

I received the first email stating that turbo tax was working on a solution but not the second email that the payment is on it's way. I need to know about my stimulus. 

grivera38

I haven’t filed my 2019 taxes yet but did in 2018 through turbo tax.  Will turbo tax send that info so I can receive my stimulus? I received the first one but not the second one yet and I know that it states you didn’t have to file 2019 taxes to receive it, please help I really need this stimulus. Thank you 

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

The issue that TurboTax has been resolving with the IRS likely does not affect you.  It is the IRS that determines whether someone qualifies for the stimulus payment.  It is possible that the determination is made off of either the 2018 or the 2019 return, depending on what the IRS has on file.  And if you received a direct deposit of the first stimulus payment, the second payment should be deposited into the second account.  But TurboTax will not be involved in the process in your case unless the account in question was a temporary account created to allow your 2018 fees to be withheld.  If that is the account the IRS has, then yes TurboTax will have assisted with this with the IRS.

I will never use turbotax again. Everyone I know has received their 2nd stimulus check. Their situation is almost identical to mine the only difference is they didn't use turbotax card (account). I'm so frustrated I'm a essential worker also

Thanks for nothing. ☹

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

According to the IRS, there was a processing error occurred on their end, where million payments were sent to the wrong accounts and some may not have received their portion. IRS has begun placing the payments starting January 8th.  Your bank could take a few business days to process. Your payment will be deposited into the same bank account where you received your 2019 tax refund.  We have been working tirelessly on a solution with the Treasury and the IRS.  It might just take a bit longer.  

To check the status of your stimulus payment, please visit the IRS Get My Payment tool.  

To verify eligibility and other ways to check your payments, click here:

How can I check on my second stimulus payment

@rowlandlee1507

I hope stupidtax gets their act together. 

HelenC12
Expert Alumni

@jaiden1105

We’re sorry to hear that you haven’t received your payment yet. We’re doing everything we can to help customers affected by the IRS error get their stimulus payments as soon as possible.

• Stimulus payments were deposited into the account that you received your 2019 tax refund. If that account is closed or no longer active (i.e. card was lost, changed method, deactivated account), your bank would have rejected it.

Please see the following page for additional information: Why Haven’t I Received My Second Stimulus Check?

srbagbytaxaccount
Returning Member

I am attempting to change both the bank routing and account number on both Federal and Virginia tx returns.  That info appears on FIT return on form "1040/1040 W/S which currently shows XXXXXXXXX.  no option is provided for change/new input of correct information.  The State of Va has that info on their worksheet and allows for change, but you can't tell if that transfers to Federal 1040/1040SR because the only thing showing is still XXXXXXX. In other words, I am unable to verify that my  Bank, and its routing number and my account number have been changed as well.  Is there a source document in the federal return software that will allow for this change to be made for the current tax return

Thank you

[email address removed]

If this is in reference to a stimulus payment, the IRS has stated - 

Your payment information cannot be changed. If you don’t get a payment and you are eligible to receive one, it may be claimed on your 2020 tax return as the Recovery Rebate Credit.

For your 2020 tax returns that have a tax refund or taxes owed and you want to use your bank for a direct deposit or a direct debit -

In the File section of the program you will be able to enter your bank routing and account numbers for a direct deposit or a direct debit for a federal tax refund or federal taxes owed.  If your state is one of the few that allow direct deposits or direct debits when using tax preparation software, you can also enter your bank information for the state tax refund or the state taxes owed.

klhutzler
Returning Member

• Updated stimulus infoUpdated  dear sirs, I had to update my banking information in which I did, I put in the correct routing and account number but it wouldn’t let me put in the correct bank name. The reason I didn’t get my second stimulus check was because my bank sold out to Summit community Bank and it used to be MVB BANKING
klhutzler
Returning Member

I need to put in the correct bank name, it only let me put in account # and routing #!!! Nowhere on the form where I can put in the correct banking name.

My turbotax debit card is the same account with 1st stimulus. I still have the same account with 2nd stimulus 

I still haven't  seen my stimulus money(check). I haven't got a good or clear answer. IRS,TURBO, and Green dot keep giving me the run around. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies