turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Amended Tax Return

I just amended my tax return because I filed as "can be claimed by someone else", but it turns out that I made too much money and my dad was unable to claim me. I realize that this would have caused me not to receive the stimulus check so I am changing my filing status to say that I can't be claimed by someone else.

I finished amending and the Michigan state tax said that it could be efiled, however, every time I attempted to submit it, it failed. So I printed out both the returns to mail them. The federal return had an address and I knew it needed to be mailed, so I mailed it yesterday. Then when I read the state tax return instructions they said that the return was submitted electronically and that I should not mail a copy in. It also did not give an address to mail it. 

My question is how do I know for certain that the Michigan amended state tax return was sent or not?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Amended Tax Return

I recommend contacting us so an agent can assist you and look up the activity on your account.

They will be able to tell you if your amended MI return was actually e-filed or not.

Contact TurboTax

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Amended Tax Return

Will I be able to do this if I have the free version? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies