turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

After uploading crypto txns to turbotax using the CSV from tokentax, the 8949 it made only had summary of the transactions. Is it not required to report individual txns?

I uploaded my cryptocurrency transactions to turbotax, using the CSV I got from tokentax. I noticed that the form 8949 only included a summary of the transactions, and the return did not include information on the individual transactions. Is this a bug in your software, or is it not required to report the individual transactions?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
HollyP
Employee Tax Expert

After uploading crypto txns to turbotax using the CSV from tokentax, the 8949 it made only had summary of the transactions. Is it not required to report individual txns?

This is normal if you have over 2251 transactions and are using a summary report. Please review the section, What to do if you have more than 2251 transactions. What to do if you have more than 2251 transactions. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Interesting. I had around 300 transactions so I wonder if that rule applies but I'll check that out. Thanks!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies