Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2022 Turbotax Form 8915F-T - Cannot e-file

90% probability the date gets moved to later. It has already been changed twice.

I couldn't agree more, I'm beyond disappointed! Turbo Tax had the same issues last year regarding this 8915F form for Qualified Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments.  You would think after doing this for the 3rd year now they'd have it all figured out and ready to go, but instead they're only holding us up again just like last tax season.  Thus it does make me believe it is possibly the IRS that is the culprit for this delay that Turbo Tax has pushed back to 3/3/2023 now, and the form 8915-T doesn't even exist on the IRS site just yet which is likely part of the problem.  I'm just glad this is my last year of having to claim this distribution as the IRS apparently isn't very adept at processing these yet and that is passed down to Turbo Tax.

Regards,

UncleTy

Exactly!  My mild irritation is from Intuit not coming on the forum here and just briefly explaining the reason for the delay.  Since I have not seen then do that in the past, I have low expectations in that regard.

I have the same ISSUE for 2023:

Screenshot 2023-02-20 185739.png

Well 2023 taxes are not done until 2024. So if you are doing taxes now, you are doing your 2022 tax return.

yes - I meant to say  that I am doing my 2022 Taxes now, in the year of 2023.

As of today -- 03/02/2023

8915F-T due date.png

vbank74
Returning Member

Does anyone know if any other online services are ready to file. This is ridiculous. I am done with Turbotax

Level 2

Yes FREETAXUSA is ready.   I jumped ship this morning and went there.   My federal and state have already been accepted.   It only cost me $14.99 for both.    I should not have waited this long with TT.   They will not refund my money. 

There was an update today but it was not for Form 8915F.  Now my turbotax says it will be available 3/02/23!  They keep pushing it back a week.

Good Evening All, I too am seeing the same message.  

This date has shifted twice for me, and I'm anticipating the shift again closer to 3/2.  Please advise - the purpose to file early was to ensure I was able to e-file. But I am unable to due to this below.  Anyone have luck speaking with a representative on your specific user case?

turbotax_Form.jpg

Level 2

You won't have any luck speaking to a representative.   You have two options: Either wait it out with TurboTax or e-file your taxes elsewhere.   I filed with FreeTaxUSA.  It took me twenty minutes, and within a half hour my state and federal were accepted.   Please note that if you paid TurboTax already, you will not get a refund if you decide to file elsewhere.   I explain this in another post.

YES!  You can file right now with TaxSlayer!  I completed my tax return today (8915-F included) after multiple failed attempts with TurboTax.  I decided to try TaxSlayer for the first time today due to my frustration with turbotax not having its 8915F-T ready as promised…and it was a smooth transition from turbotax to TaxSlayer and much cheaper (and that’s with audit defense included).  I e-filed and within 30 minutes the IRS had accepted my return.  I am not a representative nor do I work for TaxSlayer… just a regular person who found success with TaxSlayer and wanted to pass along the info because like many of you I had become very aggravated with the turbotax situation!  I am now a happy TaxSlayer customer.  To give turbo tax some credit, my refund in TaxSlayer and turbo tax did match, but turbo tax did not allow its 8915F-T to populate in the end, so I could not finish filing my tax return…again, with TaxSlayer, I didn’t have any problems.

FYI, on the 8915F in TaxSlayer be sure to fill in your numbers for then following:

*Income for prior years from non-IRA retirement plan qualified disaster distributions -

from 2020 Form 8915-E, Line 9

and 

*Total Income from 2021, Form 8915F, Line 13

And you should be good to go..

Hope this info helps!  Happy filing!

FYI, for anyone who needs to complete just a simple/basic return or knows someone who needs to complete a basic return…TaxSlayer is completely free for federal and state.

TaxSlayer LOL.  I don't think so.  I wouldn't us it because of the name just on principle.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies