Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: 2020 w2 wage information

I am experiencing a problem on TT premier for Mac.  It is on the "enter your 2020 w-2 wage information" page.  I enter my estimated wages in the wages field.  The withholding box is only large enough to see 2 digits and the "withholding" header is 2 characters wide and shown vertically and not as a horizontal header.  The amount entered for withholding is not visible and it shows an error message "withholding should not be more than wages" when i click on next

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

16 Replies

Are you using the CD/download version or the online version?

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Hi

its a download from Amazon.  
thanks. 

I'm having the same problem. I also downloaded my version from Amazon and I have checked that my software is up to date.

The screen overlaps the boxes for 2020 wages and withholding, so you can't see any entry in wages. I tried entering the information in form view, but the final wages calculation was completely wrong.

That sounds like a local computer screen sizing or resolution issue.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

I doubt it very much.  The rest of the entire tax prep process was fine.  It is just this screen.  It has to be a glitch in the software.

No one at TT knows what to do either.

@barryberl wrote:

I doubt it very much.  The rest of the entire tax prep process was fine.  It is just this screen.  It has to be a glitch in the software.

No one at TT knows what to do either.

Software works fine.  Exactly what screen are you on and what do you see?

This is what the W-2 enter screen looks like:

Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 4.14.33 PM.jpg

That's not the screen. It's the screen used to calculate 2020 estimated taxes. It's the only screen in the entire program that's got this glitch.

Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 7.04.30 PM.png

@vonrohr wrote:

That's not the screen. It's the screen used to calculate 2020 estimated taxes. It's the only screen in the entire program that's got this glitch.

This screen?

Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 5.16.19 PM.jpg

The long employer name is causing the other boxes to move to the right.

I will report it as a bug. 

yes, that is the screen.  Mine looks exactly like vonrohr's screen

I just shortened the name of both of our employers and that corrected the problem.  At least now I can finish up and then revert back to the long name before filing.

Thanks for your help.

There are two lines on the W-2 for for the employers name.  As a workaround, You can enter part (short) on the top line and the rest on the 2nd line and only the top will print on that estimated tax screen.   That will not affect the W-2 for filing.

Yes.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies