turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

alcaia

2 W-2 with different control numbers

I got 2 W-2 in the mail with different amounts in terms of what i earned , they both have the same employer ID number. However, they have different control numbers. Do add both together or do I call my employer to see if they got my taxes mixed up?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Did you work at two locations for the same employer?   The employer might have changed names or other reason to get a new EIN.

Ask your employee.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
alcaia

I been working in the same location. The EIN are the same in both W-2's i received, however the control numbers located in box D are both different. Leading me to wonder if they made a mistake Or does it not matter?

Is one a W-2C (Corrected) ?

Again, only your employer can tell you why and which you should use of both.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies