Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ttdpzackmojo
Returning Member

1099 MISC does not update

This year I filled in the blanks the same as last year.  The software is changed apparently because last year I filled in the INCOME from a 1099 MISC and it showed up in the entry marked "Income from Form 1099-MISC".   This year it shows up as "0".  I checked, doublechecked...  (?).   I filled out the "Business Items" and "Business Income and Expenses (Sch C)"  and I have -20.00.  I guess that is the amount that is the sum from (income - expenses = -20.00).   WHERE IS MY SUMMARY OF MY INCOME?  WHERE IS THE SUMMARY OF MY EXPENSES? Why cannot you be consistent with the calculations to show what is entered on both sections?  Last year it was correct and understandable.   I wasted so much time trying to figure out if I was doing this right or wrong?   And I come to find out that it's just your software ZEROING OUT THE ENTRY!!    GO BACK TO 2018 method of showing each section so you can check the sections by LOOKING AT THE TOTAL !!   And next year show the values so you can compare.  What is the value of the summary of the section if you ZERO it out?    I'll give you a hint... It's there so you can look at each SECTION!  That's the whole reason for a section summary... Otherwise just show the overall total and nothing else.  … Unbelievable!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

1099 MISC does not update

I think I'm seeing the same bug that @ttdpzackmojo reported.  Since no one has replied to his comment in the last 9 months, I assume this is being ignored but, for the record, here are a few more details that could help Intuit understand the issue..

* The problem appears in Step-by-Step mode.

* Federal Taxes tab is selected

* Screen is "Wages & Income"

* Section is "1099-MISC and Other Common Income"

* On line "Income from Form 1099-MISC", I see:

- Last year's column has a value.

- This year's column has $0.

This is true even though I have used the [Update] button to add two 1099-MISC forms.  These forms are still there (i.e. I see them if I select Update again) and the values appear to being used to populate other forms in my return.

Note: This problem does NOT appear in other rows such as:

* Interest and Dividends / Interest on 1099-INT,

* Interest and Dividends / Interest on 1099-DIV, and

* Investment Income / Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other,

where I see values for both the current and previous years.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies