turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1095-A Error

I am doing my 2020 taxes in Turbo Tax Online.

When I enter my 1095-A I get this error:

"Please check your entries, there must be a value entered in at least one of the fields which is greater than zero."

I have filled in all the boxes, none have a zero. It gives the error and erases everything I have entered.

Anyone have a fix?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

1095-A Error

Through tech support I was able to solve my problem by switching from Safari to Chrome and deleting all my browser history (I'm on a Mac). Then Turbotax accepted my 1095-A.

View solution in original post

TeresaM
Expert Alumni
Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee

1095-A Error

If there is a 0 on your form and it does not specifically say in TurboTax to enter if a 0, please leave that field blank. Please backspace over it to remove it and be sure there are not any spaces or hidden characters in the field.

If you are using TurboTax Online, the most likely reason for buttons that don't work or not being able to enter information is that something in the web browser is not displaying the page properly.  The easiest way around this is to simply use a different web browser.  You can select from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, and more. If you need to install another browser, be sure to go to the trusted home site for the software, for security reasons. Or you can clear the cache and cookies in your current browser.  Click this link for a TurboTax Help Article Clear cache and cookies

If you are using the Turbo Mobile App, then try opening Turbo Tax in the browser window on your phone.  It will use the same login information but may display the page better.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

6 Replies
GloriaL
Expert Alumni

1095-A Error

For any boxes that do not have an amounts in on your 1095-A, you would leave them blank in TurboTax, instead of entering a zero.

You need to go back to the 1095-A input screen to check your entries:

1. Open TurboTax.
  2. In the Search box (upper right hand corner type in 1095-A.
  3. Click on Jump to.
  4. This will take you the screen where you entered the information for your 1095-A
  5. Click on Edit.
  6. On that screen check to see if you entered and zeros, if so delete them and leave those boxes blank.
  7. Click on Continue.

1095-A Error

Through tech support I was able to solve my problem by switching from Safari to Chrome and deleting all my browser history (I'm on a Mac). Then Turbotax accepted my 1095-A.

Sehlina14

1095-A Error

I keep getting the error and nothing works. If you leave the spaces blank in the form as stated it gives an error to add zeros, I add the zeros and get this:

Monthly Premium Amount has a zero entered. The corresponding entries for this month are zero or blank, please delete this zero.

It never corrects. It's a programming error on TurboTax

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

1095-A Error

In TurboTax Online Premier, I am able to delete entries with my keyboard {Delete} key.  I am able to run Review successfully.

Are you removing the entries in a different way?  Please clarify.

The instructions on the screen Let's get the info from your 1095-A form states:

'If any months on your form don't have amounts, leave them blank.'

@Sehlina14

skerri7

1095-A Error

Did you ever figure out a solution? I am dealing with the exact same issue right now

TeresaM
Expert Alumni
Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee

1095-A Error

If there is a 0 on your form and it does not specifically say in TurboTax to enter if a 0, please leave that field blank. Please backspace over it to remove it and be sure there are not any spaces or hidden characters in the field.

If you are using TurboTax Online, the most likely reason for buttons that don't work or not being able to enter information is that something in the web browser is not displaying the page properly.  The easiest way around this is to simply use a different web browser.  You can select from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, and more. If you need to install another browser, be sure to go to the trusted home site for the software, for security reasons. Or you can clear the cache and cookies in your current browser.  Click this link for a TurboTax Help Article Clear cache and cookies

If you are using the Turbo Mobile App, then try opening Turbo Tax in the browser window on your phone.  It will use the same login information but may display the page better.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies