Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1040-sr

my tt premier generated 1040-sr, i am over 65. Does it make any difference?  my understanding 1040 and 1040-sr are exactly the same except large print. if it makes any difference, how do i force tt to generate 1040 and 1040-sr? i dont care about large print

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

1040-sr

Yes, this is a new Form 1040 for Seniors, which generates automatically for taxpayers over 65. 

Sorry, there's not a way to force TurboTax to generate a standard Form 1040.

Click this link for more info about Form 1040-SR.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

1040-sr

FORM 1040 and FORM 1040SR

There seems to be a considerable amount of confusion and worry regarding the new Form 1040SR.  There is no need to worry if your return is on a Form 1040SR this year.

Compare the Form 1040 and the Form 1040SR with each other.  The lines are the same.  The calculations will be done exactly the same way.  The difference is the 1040SR has larger print and a different background color. There is no effect whatsoever on your tax due or refund amount.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040.pdf

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040s.pdf

I personally think it is great that I will not need a magnifying glass to look at my tax return this year.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

1040-sr

Turbo Tax checked 1040 sr and I unchecked it not knowing what it meant. I want to change back but can find the check box. Is it just gone. I understand that the only difference between sr and standard is the size of the print.

1040-sr

found it. The check box is on Information Worksheet, Part II at the bottom of that section.

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

1040-sr

Yes, that is the only difference.  Checking 1040SR will have no impact on your tax return filing.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

1040-sr

that's not true!!

There IS a way....

worksheet, part II at the bottom

1040-sr

Yes, If you use the Desktop program you can switch to forms and the Info Wks part II has a selection to select 1040SR or not.  You can not change it in the Online versions.

1040-sr

I don't think she said she was using the online version..😊

hope it helped anyway

ckn13
Returning Member

1040-sr

I believe sentence 2 is just wrong.  Information Worksheet II.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies