turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1. How can I un-link my Turbotax account with my Robinhood account? I want to undo the affiliate link. 2. Can Robinhood access, see, edit or download our Turbotax data?

I too am having this issue and spent a good amount of time on the phone with no results.

The Robinhood branding image is hosted on Intuit servers as a "cross-sell" asset and the "link" is not exposed anywhere to be removed in Intuit Account or Turbotax.  Robinhood also can do nothing as it isn't tied to your account there.

The maddening thing about this is the email that tricked so many people into this made it seem like you followed that to import your 1099 and in essence it was really just a referral link and it did not import your info.

Things that I tried just to humor those assisting...

• Cleared cookies/cache
  • Used In-Private mode
  • Used another browser that I never accessed Intuit with
  • Used a whole 'nother computer
  • Made sure I had no documents
  • Visisted every setting in Robinhood and Intuit account

So, all of that is a waste of time.  Intuit needs to get about removing the cross-sell status from the individual accounts that were duped by Robinhood and request it be removed.

As of this point, I am not purchasing TurboTax Online this year because I refuse to give Robinhood a referral fee.  In addition, I liquidated all my Robinhood portfolio and will be deleting that account as this was a very dirty trick.   It is sad that Intuit is complacent in this matter also. 

1. How can I un-link my Turbotax account with my Robinhood account? I want to undo the affiliate link. 2. Can Robinhood access, see, edit or download our Turbotax data?

Was anyone able to resolve this issue? I had a 50% off on all state filing charges. Once i clicked the robinhood referral link, the discounts vanished and i could never bring it back.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

To unlink your account, you would need to go in your Robinhood account and remove the access for Intuit within your account. If you are having trouble with this, please reach out to Robinhood customer support. @newuser101

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

That is incorrect information CarissaM.  It's not linked on Robinhood's side, it's branded on Intuit's side as a "cross sell".  Even after doing all the unlinking, and eventually no longer even having a Robinhood account it still has the branding on TurboTax (I just verified and I've not had a Robinhood account for close to a month).  I wasted *hours* on this with multiple phone calls.  After years of TurboTax Online usage, I threw in the towel and purchased another product. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies