Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mtoompas

Randstad doesn't give control numbers on their electronic W-2 so I'm not gonna have one, how can I bypass that part?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JoeyW

Randstad doesn't give control numbers on their electronic W-2 so I'm not gonna have one, how can I bypass that part?

13 Replies
JoeyW

mtoompas

Thank you for your help. I actually found that answer after I posted that.
JoeyW

You're welcome.
mtoompas

Try these numbers because I can't remember where I got it from. 12345 67890, please let me know.

How I can get Randstad control number 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

You can leave this blank.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

This number is not required to file your return.  It is used by payroll departments to identify the W-2's but has no bearing on your income tax return.  

Please see the attached for more details on the Control number.

Control number on Form W-2

I need a control number for Box D which neither is showing on my W2 2021

How will I be able to receive the information or bypass in online when filing with Turbo Tax

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

A Control Number (box D) is used by many payroll departments to uniquely identify a W-2 in their system.  If you get errors when attempting to e-file with an empty box D, just enter any number in this format: 5 digits, space, 5 digits (for example 12345 67890). The IRS doesn't care what's in box D.

This link I have no box D or Control Number on my W-2 has information you may find useful.

@torandafields

cdgurley1
Returning Member

Randstad doesn't give control numbers on their electronic W-2 so I'm not gonna have one, how can I bypass that part

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

A control number is not required by the IRS. Simply enter your W-2 and do not enter a control number.

See this link: Control Number on W-2

@cdgurley1  

[Edited: 04/11/2022 | 6:51a PST]

no control number can't process

@labelsext231 The control number is not required.   Just leave it blank and  enter the information that is on your W-2.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies