letterz909

R0000-058-01 reject code, can’t seem to find what this is for.

RobertG

According to this IRS website, it has to do with PDF attachments.

#3. PDF attachments and the Binary Attachment XML file

When including a Binary Attachment in a MeF return, the name of the PDF must match the Attachment Location in the XML file that references the PDF (the BinaryAttachment file). Otherwise, the return will reject.

For example, Business Rules R0000-057, R0000-058 and R0000-062 will reject the return when:

• the PDF is named “ExampleTrust.PDF” and
  • the value of the AttachmentLocation element in the BinaryAttachment XML is “ExamplesTrust.PDF”

To clear the business rule rejects in the example above, either:

• Change the name of the PDF to “ExamplesTrust.PDF” (add an “s” after Example), or
  • Change the data in the Attachment Location element of the Binary Attachment XML to “ExampleTrust.PDF” (remove the “s” after Example)

1041 MeF Program Did You Know

JEB7

My personal return was rejected with the same reject code referenced above.  I've dug very deep into this along with a Turbo Tax rep and it's our belief our issue is related to a 1099B attached to my return.  The file is attached to my return in PDF format with the name "MS.1099.pdf".  Thinking the period "." in the file name might be the problem, I'm pondering whether I should re-name the file something simple like "1099.pdf" and see if that works.  The error/reject seems to stem from the XML binary attachment not matching up with the file name.  I recognize that needs to be a perfect match.  I can control the file name of the PDF, however I don't know how or where to see what the XML binary attachment name for the file is. 

Before I push the button on this, I wanted to see if anyone was familiar with the specific steps I would need to take to ensure I'm fixing the XML binary attachment mismatch issue. 

Given that I'm not the only person out there that will need to attach a 1099B to their returns in PDF format, I am hopeful Turbo Tax can address this from their side via a software update. 

Brendan01

The period is fine, just make sure all PDF files have unique file names and they don't have any special characters and spaces in the name.

e.g. MorganStanley.pdf