Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Purchased Turbo Tax Deluxe. Ad says 5 free Federal Efiles, 1 free State Efile. I am getting charged for my state efiles. Why am I not getting my free state efile?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Purchased Turbo Tax Deluxe. Ad says 5 free Federal Efiles, 1 free State Efile. I am getting charged for my state efiles. Why am I not getting my free state efile?

It is one free state program download.  Not one free state e-file.  The state e-file charge is currently $19.99.  This charge can be avoided by printing and mailing the state tax return.

View solution in original post

94 Replies

It is one free state program download.  Not one free state e-file.  The state e-file charge is currently $19.99.  This charge can be avoided by printing and mailing the state tax return.

shannad51

This was very deceptive! I have used Turbo Tax for years and don't remember having to pay to file state taxes.  I don't believe i will be purchasing again.

I had the same issue and agree with the comment above- very deceptive.  This is the first tax app I've used and won't be using it next year because of this.

Agree.  I paid extra for the version that included state, and only at the end find out I have to pay AGAIN to file it.  That's horrible.
pl120

I absolutely agree with the previous comments. I have used TT for 10 years, and this will be my last. The Better Business Bureau needs to look into this deception.
marty888

Agree!!  Partway through filing my "free" state form I needed to go back to federal for information.  When returning to state, now I'm getting charged.  Never again, and I will definitely let friends know.

I, too, find this practice deceptive. I filed last my state return last year with no charge. This practice concludes my use of TurboTax.

I agree as well, its very deceptive!! Plus, though it says $19.99, I had to pay $24.99 to file the state
Dell16

This was very deceptive as I have used this program for years.  We are due an apology and refund.

I heartily agree, Dell16. But, don't hold your breath

Deceptive, deceptive, deceptive... Can't even find the fine print that explains this deceptive advertising. Shame on you. Confusion... Right!
kathyjjw

VERRRRRY deceptive!  I too purchased this based on the one state free file.  I will NEVER buy Turbo Tax again!
swansons

agree Very deceptive - we will see if BBB thinks so as well  - last turbo tax for us
seth101

I am with all of them...the problem is my new computer does not have a cd drive so had to return it to staples and now losing the better price and getting charged for the state... plus didn't even load all ifno from last year with a pdf file... gonna try another next year.. been using turbotax for past 5 years..
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies