This is a sporadic issue that has been difficult to reproduce. Please see this thread for some suggested workarounds - US Govt Interest
This issue may or may not be related to this 1099-DIV issue - 1099-DIV with exempt interest shows "needs review".
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
........ for US Bond interest that is a part of box 1a on a 1099-DIV.
There is a workaround for the US Govt Bond Interest Review problem:
Edit that 1099-DIV.
On the main form page that shows boxes 1a, 1b and 2a ?
1) .....make sure those boxes show whatever your Mutual fund sent out.
2) Then check the box to expand the form to show all the other boxes.
3) Scroll down to the bottom of the page and hit "Continue"
4) Check the box for Part is US Govt interest as you did before and Continue.
5) Enter the US Govt interest amount as you did before...& Continue
Should be OK now.....simply checking the box in #2 clears the "Review" error.
This issue was in 3 different spots of the dividends. Click on the check box after clicking "Review" and when all the boxes came up put in 0 for each one for all three that were showing "Review"; Resolved.