Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Printing amended 2019 return, can't find "all official forms required for filing" option

Folx:

I'm working on amending our 2019 return since my life partner received a corrected W-2. I've  made it to the printing stage but only see an option to print 57 pages. There's no place to select "All official forms required for filing," as TurboTax suggests. Clearly, i'd rather not print and mail 57 pages if I can get away with fewer; less is  more with regards to paper usage and carbon footprint.

I'm on a Mac running OS 10.15.6 (Catalina). Our printer is an HP OfficeJet Pro 6978.

Thanks for any suggestions anyone has!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Printing amended 2019 return, can't find "all official forms required for filing" option

My first question is, why are you amending your return if your “partner“ received a corrected W-2? You can’t file a joint return with your partner unless you are legally married (including same sex marriages).  If you are not married, your partner’s return should not change your return.

Then, whether you are using TurboTax online or TurboTax installed on your own computer, you can save the amended return as a PDF file, and then open the PDF file and selectively print the pages you need.  The forms that are actually part of your tax return will have an OMB control number and an “attachment sequence“ number in the top right corner. Other documents are probably TurboTax instructions and TurboTax’s internal worksheets.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

My first question is, why are you amending your return if your “partner“ received a corrected W-2? You can’t file a joint return with your partner unless you are legally married (including same sex marriages).  If you are not married, your partner’s return should not change your return.

Then, whether you are using TurboTax online or TurboTax installed on your own computer, you can save the amended return as a PDF file, and then open the PDF file and selectively print the pages you need.  The forms that are actually part of your tax return will have an OMB control number and an “attachment sequence“ number in the top right corner. Other documents are probably TurboTax instructions and TurboTax’s internal worksheets.

Thanks, Opus 17.

Yes, my life partner and i are legally married and have been for about 7 years now. So filing jointly is nothing new for us.

Your approach worked, although it was a little more work than if there would have been a nice print option like TurboTax implied there would be.

I appreciate your help.

--Shannon

deng1

Hit the same issue when amending 2020 return using 2020 TurboTax for MacOS. Even though the UI mentioned "Select Print Returns and chose "All official forms required for filing" to print out your amended returns". I don't see "All official forms required for filing" button anywhere. It's inconvenient to print 100+ pages and mail (also inconvenient to manually select updated forms from the 100+ pages).

Pls fix the problem!

As of TurboTax for Mac for the 2023 tax year, there is still no "all official forms for filing" print option.

MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

Using the Print option from the top menu bar in TurboTax 2023 for Mac, the print options are:

• Tax return only
  • Recommended forms & worksheets
  • All forms & worksheets

If you choose Save as PDF instead of choosing a printer, you can choose individual pages to print when you pull up the PDF.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies