Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Please help with disconnecting a financial account from Turbo Tax.

Greetings,

I've run into an issue with filing my taxes due to an error. I answered a question incorrectly for the schedule c portion of the taxes. The question was regarding my investment being at risk for my self employment. I've tried recruiting help so many times, and I was even on the phone with a Turbo Tax agent for over two hours yesterday trying to rectify this matter. I think I need to disconnect my bank account from turbo tax and then prompt the system to allow me to re-enter my bank account information. Turbo Tax asked me to sign into my bank account for the system to collect information about deductible expenses for my self-employment. 

The system says "Looks like you've already connected to your account for another line of work. You'll have to manually enter your expenses for this one." I'm not trying to add expenses for another line of work. I've been trying to correct the question about my investment being at risk since sometime during March. A representative said that I might be able to re-enter the question by deleting my bank account information and 1099 from the website, and then re-adding it. After answering the question incorrectly about my business investment being at risk, my tax return amounts for state and federal were drastically decreased. Please help me, as I've spoke with several agents and I even have another question posted in the community to receive help with this issue. 

Thanks in advance!

MM

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
AliciaP1
Expert Alumni

You need to delete your Schedule C from your return completely then you should be able to re-enter everything.  You'll need to re-enter your income as well as your expenses.

To delete a specific form in TurboTax Online you can follow these steps:

1. Within your return, click on Tax Tools in the black menu on the left side of the screen.
  2. Click on Tools.
  3. Click on Delete a Form
  4. Scroll down to your form and click Delete.
  5. Under Federal in the black menu bar click Wages & Income to get back into your tax returns.
  6. Enter the form for your self-employed income to start over.

To do this in TurboTax Desktop you can follow these steps:

1. Within your return, click on the Forms icon in the upper right of the screen to switch to Forms mode.
  2. Scroll down in the menu bar on the left and select your form.
  3. Click the Delete Form button at the bottom left of the preview screen.
  4. Confirm the deletion then click the Step-by-Step icon in the upper right of the screen.
  5. Enter the form for your self-employed income to start over.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Pho Pho
Returning Member

I followed these directions and it is not working. When I got to step 5 I still see "Self-employment income and expenses" option under "Your income and expenses" and I'm still getting the message" Looks like you’ve already connected to your accounts for another line of work. You’ll have to manually enter your expenses for this one. I even tried clearly history and cache. Please help!

To delete a specific form in TurboTax Online you can follow these steps:

1. Within your return, click on Tax Tools in the black menu on the left side of the screen.
  2. Click on Tools.
  3. Click on Delete a Form
  4. Scroll down to your form and click Delete.
  5. Under Federal in the black menu bar click Wages & Income to get back into your tax returns.
  6. Enter the form for your self-employed income to start over.
DawnC
Expert Alumni

The option for Self-Employment Income and Expenses will always be there.   When you click on it, there should be no business listed if you deleted the Schedule C.   After clicking on SE income and expenses, you should have the option to start a new Schedule C - by adding another line of work.   

Pho Pho
Returning Member

I am able to do a new schedule however I keep getting the same message below. I cannot entered the expenses. I should be able to disconnect my financial account and disconnect it 

Looks like you’ve already connected to your accounts for another line of work. You’ll have to manually enter your expenses for this one”

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Were you able to solve your issue? If you are using the online version, try closing TurboTax, clear your Cache and Cookies, and reopen TurboTax.    

If not, please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service  

Bchen016

I have the same issue, any resolutions? Thank you

Pho Pho
Returning Member

No, no resolutions. I guess need to call CS.

jazibilal

Hello 

Did you found any solution for this? I am facing same issue.

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

Have you tried deleting your schedule C and re-entering it as suggested above?

@jazibilal 

RGoose18

I'm still having this issue:

Deleted Schedule C and my business line from TurboTax online, when I go back in and add the business again it states "Looks like you’ve already connected to your accounts for another line of work. You’ll have to manually enter your expenses for this one."

The only option I have left is to forego the hours and hours of work I've already done and delete the entire filing, which I don't want to do.  Somehow, somewhere, turbotax is storing your initial line of business even after it's fully deleted.

I need answers to this and quick, what a nightmare.

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

A related issue about disconnecting a bank account from Schedule C has been identified and is under investigation. Go to this article to sign up for updates: Why am I seeing "Needs review" by my self-employment expenses that I cannot edit or remove?

Your other option is to transfer your return to TurboTax for Desktop. See this post for more help: How do I switch from TurboTax Online to the TurboTax software? If you choose this option, contact TurboTax Support and ask for a free download due to the unresolved program issue.

@gr8nessrulz 

@RGoose18 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies