Payment Plan Option Missing

Payment Plan Option Missing

According to the instructions from TurboTax support at this link  https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2840416-can-i-set-up-a-payment-plan-for-my-taxes    once you get to the "how would you like to file your taxes" there is supposed to be an option to set up a payment plan if you owe money.  I followed the instructions and no option appeared.  Where do I find this option?  Or is it no longer available in 2017 TurboTax Deluxe software?  

Payment Plan Option Missing

This option is still available for 2017. You should see "I want to request an installment plan" as an option when you go through the File screens if you have a federal balance due. (It doesn't matter which version of TurboTax you are using.) Please click the ".png" file below to see how this screen looks in TurboTax Online. 

If you only owe taxes to your state, you won't be able to set up an installment plan through TurboTax. Try contacting your state Department of Revenue to make arrangements if you cannot pay the balance in full. 

Payment Plan Option Missing

You can also apply for an agreement online directly with the IRS.  I actually recommend you follow this route instead because the fees the IRS charges to set up an agreement are less with this method and you get an immediate response on your application.  You can file your return as normal through TurboTax and then instead of making a payment, you will tell the program you are going to pay by check and then ignore the voucher that prints out (or you can make a partial payment with it).  Then, go to the link below and file for an installment agreement with the IRS.

Payment Plan Option Missing

i would like a check 

Payment Plan Option Missing

So my wife and I are filling together and we noticed we owe state taxes back for Hawaii because her job didn't take out enough taxes apparently and when I chose to send the payment through a check, it said to mail it by july 20. We haven't finished filing completely yet but we can go through the IRS website and make payment plans instead? Do we have to be filed completely before going through the irs and the process of that?

Payment Plan Option Missing

My wife and I have not finished filing completely yet but says we owe the state back taxes because it seems her job was not taking the right amount out of her pay. We can't pay the full amount and so all we need to do is contact the State Dept of Revenue as you have said?

Payment Plan Option Missing

The IRS is a separate entity from the State of Hawaii. The state of Hawaii does have its own installment plan arrangement. See the application in the link below:

Hawaii Installment Agreement

Payment Plan Option Missing

OK thank you. Where do I submit the form? On my turbotax or talk to someone through the state?

Payment Plan Option Missing

Use the link above to submit the form. It must be submitted directly to the state taxing authority.