Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Partnership EIN not available for schedule K-1

Hello! I am trying to complete filing my taxes online. In the last step where turbotax does a final verification it keeps prompting me with an error messaging saying Partnership EIN in invalid. The partnership I have invested in does not have an EIN assigned yet. It has applied for it and is still waiting for the EIN to be generated. 

Can you please advise what if any values I can enter in the software to get through this Partnership EIN requirement and complete my filing? Thanks for your help. 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

there is no good reason for not having the EIN, it can be applied for online.

• After all validations are done you will get your EIN immediately upon completion. You can then download, save, and print your EIN confirmation notice.

the return was due 3/15/2022 so it's hard to believe that even f the application was paper-filed it hasn't been received by now.

Turbotax will not let you e-file without it.  your choices are to extend your personal return or paper file it 

AliciaP1
Expert Alumni

The K-1 you have received is invalid.  A Form 1065 partnership return cannot be filed without having received its EIN.

I suggest you file for an extension until the partnership K-1 is verified with an EIN.  To do this in TurboTax Online please follow these steps:

1. Open your return in TurboTax Online.
    (To do this, sign in to TurboTax and select Pick up where you left off).
  2. Select File an extension at the bottom of the column on the left side of the screen.
    • If you don't see the File an extension button in Step 2 above, search for extend using your product's search function and select the Jump to link at the top of your search results.
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions to e-file your extension.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies