Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

landin21

Has anyone ever had the site say " Oops, something went wrong. You can still continue to your tax preparation." I dont know what to do.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Has anyone ever had the site say " Oops, something went wrong. You can still continue to your tax preparation." I dont know what to do.

oops something went wrong is what comes up. I cant continue my return?

Try logging out.

Delete any cookies and then, clear your Browser caches.
Close your browser and reopen it.
If you still have no luck try another browser.
If your browser has private browsing/incognito mode, try using a private window

It also could be that you are using an incorrect user id or password. Try using the account recovery link below to login to your account.

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery/

Answered by TurboTaxRobinBLO to this question

TurboTax Product Support 10 days ago

View solution in original post

14 Replies
hjemerso

I'm still having this issue. I have tried all three web browsers and I even installed firefox brand new to see if it would work. It is not working. Everytime I try to continue with filing my 2017 return I get the "oops something went wrong" message. Fix this problem please or I will file my taxes with someone else.
mirojobmw

Good luck - I spent over 3 hours on the phone, between hold time and actual time with a rep over 3 weeks ago.  She said it should be resolved system wide after all suggestions (those they noted below) all failed.  I took some time off, and now 3 weeks later, the same issue again!
p-c-taxes

Still no action from turbo tax on this issue. They keep delaying it and I'm not sure anyone is even working on it. Pretty disappointing service making us waste so much time entering all our information and then making it all unavailable to access or file.

oops something went wrong is what comes up. I cant continue my return?

Try logging out.

Delete any cookies and then, clear your Browser caches.
Close your browser and reopen it.
If you still have no luck try another browser.
If your browser has private browsing/incognito mode, try using a private window

It also could be that you are using an incorrect user id or password. Try using the account recovery link below to login to your account.

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery/

Answered by TurboTaxRobinBLO to this question

TurboTax Product Support 10 days ago

hjemerso

I'm still having this issue. I have tried all three web browsers and I even installed firefox brand new to see if it would work. It is not working. Everytime I try to continue with filing my 2017 return I get the "oops something went wrong" message. Fix this problem please or I will file my taxes with someone else.
p-c-taxes

Exact same issue here. The problem is not with the browsers, it's with TurboTax, this needs to be fixed immediately, tax filing deadline is fast approaching!
chris753

Me too and the deadline is fast approaching

@chris753  this is a 6 month old thread.  Your problem is probably different.  We need more details to help you.  And it would be best to start your own new question.

There are a couple new errors it could be.

The deadline to efile a tax return is Oct. 15, 2018.  Are you talking about the 9/15 estimated payment due date?
chris753

This is the error I receive every time I log on and try to complete my return.  The help desk is unhelpful

What is the error you get?  Is it this?
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4496847-why-am-i-seeing-the-message-oops-something-went-wrong-when...>
mirojobmw

They were never able to fix the problem. I had to restart from scratch.  
cblettenberg
Returning Member

I just had this issue and solved it by putting 123 Main St in the address field for your credit card. It won’t be an issue with your card, due to payment processors look to city, state, and zip for verification.

Thanks!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies