Stefanie22

One W2, two companies under PEO with two lines for Box 15-17

I'm getting an error that I can't file electronically because I have two entries from the same state in box 15. I tried to prepare manually instead, but only the first line pulls into the return and I don't have the option to enter a second line within the same W2 info. It only lets me report half my state returns.

The PEO assured me this was correct and will not issue separate W-2s.

Could someone please let me know how I am supposed to file this? Can TurboTax handle this scenario?

Thanks in advance!

Listing more than one state and breaking down the income between the 2 states is normal ... listing the same state twice is not.  So if you add up the state income on the 2 separate lines and they equal box 1 of the W-2  then simply combine the amounts in the program ... that should fix your error warning.

Stefanie22

Thanks for your reply! That makes sense for the total values, but how do I handle the two separate employer state codes? They are truly two separate companies, under one PEO. I received different income from each one.