• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nsfogg96

On my W-2G my box 11, there is a typo on the information they put for my driver's liscense. One of the digits is wrong. Do I have to correct this? Or can I file as is?

They recorded my second ID correctly (my social security number). I shouldn't have to get it corrected if the IRS can identify me, right?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
zuiwall
Level 3

On my W-2G my box 11, there is a typo on the information they put for my driver's liscense. One of the digits is wrong. Do I have to correct this? Or can I file as is?

You will need to have whoever issued the W2 correct it and send you the corrected W2, you cannot correct it yourself.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
bjf08251942

The drivers license number should be corrected
 This is necessary to prove that you are confirming your identity
zuiwall
Level 3

You will need to have whoever issued the W2 correct it and send you the corrected W2, you cannot correct it yourself.

Privacy Settings
v