Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

On my 1099-R the address type given is U.S. Address but Intuit is telling me something is wrong and more info is needed?

I can't understand what is wrong
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

On my 1099-R the address type given is U.S. Address but Intuit is telling me something is wrong and more info is needed?

Delete the Form 1099-R and re-enter manually.  This should correct the error.

I saw the same issue with each 1099-R I imported.

'US Address' was selected by default but was highlighted in red.  I changed that to foreign, then changed it back to 'US Address' and the error went away.

@tskapela 

That was an interesting procedure.

I wonder, did you file while living at a Foreign address when you filed your 2022 taxes?

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

??

All I did was click the dropdown to select 'Foreign Adresss' to get rid of the error that a few people have noted in this community, then immediately clicked the dropdown again to select 'US Address'.    This was a simple step, which is actually a fairly common method to try to resolve such issues.

There was no need to delete and re-import a 1099-B, which actually didn't work for me ( had restarted from scratch and the same error had returned(  This appears to be an issue with form validation and nothing more than that.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies