Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Okla. form requires Capital Asset Acquisition Date. Won't accept "various" like on federal form. How do I get past this screen?

On the federal form I can show "various" for date acquired (sale of stock).  But when I get to Oklahoma form, it won't go to the next screen without an acquisition date. It says "Oklahoma requires that you enter a date" and won't accept "various."  How do I bypass this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ToddL

Okla. form requires Capital Asset Acquisition Date. Won't accept "various" like on federal form. How do I get past this screen?

In the state interview, just pick an acquisition date appropriate to make the character of the transaction the same as it was for the federal return. That would be an acquisition date 1 year prior to the sale if "long-tern" and less than one year if "short-term".

(If you were able to enter "Various"  for date acquired in the Federal interview, then the gain/loss on the sale of those stocks was either all "long-term" or all "short-term").

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ToddL

In the state interview, just pick an acquisition date appropriate to make the character of the transaction the same as it was for the federal return. That would be an acquisition date 1 year prior to the sale if "long-tern" and less than one year if "short-term".

(If you were able to enter "Various"  for date acquired in the Federal interview, then the gain/loss on the sale of those stocks was either all "long-term" or all "short-term").

Thank you very much!
ToddL

You are very welcome!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies