Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where do we apply the coupon code received from our tax expert?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

If you were provided a service code, see this FAQ:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4201231

Yes, but I can't seem to find "Take me to my return" option or button via the online dashboard.  I did not checkout or file the tax yet.

I assume you haven't yet actually filed, but TurboTax "thinks" you were finished.   So if you no longer have the "take me to my return" button, here's how to open the return back up:

Log in and go to the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents."  If necessary, click that line or on the word SHOW to expand that section.
Choose 2018 tax year.
Click on "Add a State."  (you don't really add one.  That's just to open your return back up.)

When I click on  "Your Tax Returns & Documents", nothing is listed.  Just "You haven't filed your taxes with TurboTax yet.
Check back once you've filed your first tax return. You'll be able to access all of your completed returns here." message.  Do I need my expert to file my return before receiving the discount?

You may not be in the correct account.  That's not uncommon.

When you log back into your account, if there is no "Take me to my return button", and if there's nothing in "Your Tax Returns & Documents" for 2018, and no "Add a State" choice, then you may have multiple accounts and are in the wrong one.

What do you see when you first log in at the Tax Home page.  Is there any "Return Status" shown or any evidence you started a 2018 return in that account?

If there is no evidence at all that you have prepared a 2018 return in that account, we can tell you how to troubleshoot for multiple accounts.

A service code is entered at the time of paying for the product when going through the FILE screens.

At Tax Home, I see "Tax return status: In Progress Your expert is preparing your return for you."  on the left column, there are options of Tax Home, Previous Taxes, and My Expert.  "My expert" is where I have been chatting with my tax expert.  The tax return final version has been sent to me but it has not been e-filed yet.  This is the first time I used Turbo Tax and the only account I am aware of.

OK, if it has a return status of "in progress", you should be in the same account.   I'm not sure why you are not seeing a "Take me to my return" button.     Are you able to contact your Tax Expert again to see if they can tell you what to do?

I can tell you how to phone regular TurboTax Support so they can question you and assist you in realtime.

Yes, I contacted my tax expert and have yet to receive a resolution.  That would be great if you can give me the number for support.  Thank you.

They close tonight at 9 PM Pacific (12 Midnight Eastern.)

FAQ:  What is the TurboTax phone number?
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263">https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263</a>
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies