Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dcwendt

A couple of weeks ago, I asked a question and you responded but I'm uncomfortable with the response so I want to doublecheck my question again.

My elderly mother paid me a total of $2,430 for home health care aid for doing her finances and scheduling appointments.  She paid me an extra $200 for working on her income taxes and paid me a total of $355 to driver her to medical appoints, the bank, drug store and grocery store.  I did not keep track of mileage, she paid me per trip.  I asked if I needed to include any of those dollars as income and was told no.  Also, I did not get a 1099 form for any of these dollars, so just wanted to double check that none (0) of this money is income.   Thank You!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Carl
Level 15

A couple of weeks ago, I asked a question and you responded but I'm uncomfortable with the response so I want to doublecheck my question again.

Oh it's income any way you look at it. But if the total amount of income is less than $6200 you don't need to bother reporting it. Additionally, this was from a family member. It's no different than you paying your son a weekly allowance to carry out the trash after supper every night.

dcwendt

Thank you - I feel much better with your explanation.  Have a good day!

I read the previous answer and I agree that this appears to be reimbursements and gifts among family members and thus not reportable. And the sums pass the reasonableness test.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies