Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Official COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and extension thread

Yes ... you have until the filing deadline of 7/15/20 to to fund the IRA and  amend the 2019 return to add a deductible IRA contribution. 

I don’t think she has but, I did complete the IRS provided nonfilersform and stated that I could not be claimed. 

DeskJet
Returning Member

My ex spouse unlawfully claimed me as a dependent on their 2019 taxes even though I was not living with them or financially supported by them for all 365 days of the tax year (was only living with them for 8 out of 12 months of tax year).  I know this because I went to file for my COVID-19 stimulus check but received the error: R0000-544-02.  

How do I report their intentionally illegal activity (this was no accident)?  How am I supposed to get my stimulus check when I've been ILLEGALLY claimed as a dependent on someone else's tax return?

Ok im tryint to get annswers as to y its goin on2months since i recieved my taxes  i did recieve prior to doin thep a bill stated that i owed 9000 from my 2016 taxes now even my taxes guy doesnt u'derstand y i ineed to obtain  origanal letter ti figure it out on how do i get one when  i i cant speek to anyone onnphone

I was able to log in to the IRS site - FINALLY - and was excited to access "get my payment".  I have not filed my 2019 taxes, so went with my 2018 1040 that I filed with TurboTax (printed and mailed in as I owed a nominal amount and PAID that amount by April 15, 2018).  HOWEVER, when I put in my AGI from 2018 (line 7) and my payment amount - plus other information (bank routing number and account) - I get an error message saying incorrect information.  The IRS would NOT have my bank account information because I did not get a refund, I paid what I owed.  They ask for the AGI to be entered like this 12345 (no commons, dollar signs, etc) and payment information the same way (789)  as an example, then press enter.  I have put this in formation in 3 times, also trying to enter with my SS# instead of my hubby's, which it allowed me to do and I got in again.  Once again I entered the AGI (as indicated above from line 7) and the payment amount (as above), I still got an error message.  The information is right off of my 1040 form - I have not gotten any mailings from the IRS saying my filing has any changes, there was an error in calculation on 2018 taxes or anything.  I am now locked out for 24 hours.  I will try again tomorrow.  WHAT CAN I DO?  Why is the site not taking my CORRECT information?

MacMike14

Thanks @Critter . So the adjustment process for 2020 return would be integrated into 1040 or turbotax as well, I hope so. 1 more year to check ..

Yes ... it will be part of the personal tax return just like it was back in 2008. 

@DeskJet 

Your only option is to mail in a 2019 return to "claim yourself" which will automatically get the IRS to look at the ex's return.  This may or may not get you the stimulus check this year ... you may not get it until you file the 2020 return. Since this is so new, and there are no written rules or precedents to go on, all anyone can do is surmise. 

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. My husband and I filed Married Filing Separately in 2018, he owed and I was issued a refund (direct deposit). Based on 2018 figures we qualify for the stimulus (my husband was slightly below the max threshold and I was well below with three dependents). We started 2019 on TurboTax, however did not submit because we owe and we need to take advantage of the 7/15 extension. The Get My Payment continues to say "Payment Status Not Available". Any thoughts on why this is? Feeling frustrated.

Adrianamac

First, your post is very difficult to read; maybe try editing what you have written and posting again.

From what I can understand you have been told somehow that you owe money. Although, it is unclear how you were told this or by who. If your "taxes guy" doesn't understand what is happening either. My first thought is don't pay anyone! You may have been contacted by a scammer.

DeskJet
Returning Member

@Critter 

Thanks for the advice!  I know we're all in uncharted waters right now.

@DBAmom 

Just hang in there ... they are adding data all the time. 

rwhitejr

I have not received my stimulus money, and this is why. 

All that was posted is true. However, if you owed taxes and used your Financial Institution information to pay the taxes owed, for some reason that does not make any sense at all, the IRS will not use that information. 

The IRS will only use REFUND direct deposit information and not  TAX OWED payment information! 

This is a circle that is very hard to get out of. If you received Social Security, they will run your information, but you will show yes to filed taxes in 2018 and they will default back to it. Same thing when they run your information against the VA.

I am in this circle right now. Hopefully, they will use my 2019 return, they owe me a refund this year that I filed on 3 May 2020. 

Per the IRS FAQ :   https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

A24. No, the IRS will not send Payments to accounts used to make a payment to the IRS. After you properly verify your identity, the Get My Payment tool will allow you to submit your bank account information if your Payment has not been processed. Providing your bank information is the fastest way to receive your Payment. If we do not have bank information for you, your Payment will be mailed to the address we have on file for you.

I received a CP05 letter dated March 9th. I have not gotten any updates and it has almost been the 60 days. What do I do if it goes past the 60 days since I can not call due to the shut down?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies