Non taxable income

Non taxable income

I want to enter my non taxable income to maximize my sales tax deduction.  However, I cannot find where to enter the non taxable income.  Please advise. 

Thank you

Barbara 

Non taxable income

Go to Deductions and Credits and scroll down to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid and click on Sales Tax. Enter all the information for your state using the Easy Guide and then when you are done with the state, the next screen will ask about non taxable income. 

Non taxable income

Work your way through the Sales Tax deduction section of the program.  You will come to a screen that asks if you have nontaxable income.  Answering Yes will take you to the next screen to enter that income.

Enter sales tax in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to sales tax

The following are examples of nontaxable income that you should enter:
- Child support
- Workers' compensation
- Military basic quarters and subsistence allowances

Do not enter the nontaxable portion of IRAs, unemployment, pensions, social security and tax-exempt interest here. Enter that with your income and TurboTax will automatically calculate the nontaxable portion for you.