turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Non-conforming state (NC) depreciation

I live in North Carolina, a non-conforming state. I am trying to figure out the various Depreciation entries on the K-1 and Sales Worksheet as a partner in a PTP. The Sales Worksheet has information in columns 10 and 11, "Adjusted for Bonus Depreciation". Col 10 is Cumulative adjustments to basis, negative # and 11 is Gain Subject to recapture as ordinary income, positive #. I've finished doing the federal adjustments but do not know how to enter these items into the NC K-1 in Turbo Tax Deluxe.  I've already done the federal adjustments to the 1099-B.

Also, Box 20AH3 has Depreciation Adjustment for Non-Conforming States for the 3 "activities" of Energy Transfer LP. I do not see a relevant place to put these on the NC K-1.

Then there are State Information Schedules for the 3 Activities that have a column 3, Potential Bonus Depreciation adjustment to columns 1 & 2. These values are -5 and 3, respectively for column 1, ordinary income or loss from this activity, and column 3. The other activities have 0 for income and potential bonus dep adjustment.

How are these related, if they are?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies