turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I transfer my turbotax free edition info to turbotax free file (freedom file) for 2018 taxes?

I got halfway done with my 2018 taxes and was inputting student loan interest info when it said I had to pay for deluxe edition to be able to do it. Other Q&A boards said I should be able to file in TurboTax free file ("freedom file") and I know how to get there, log in properly, etc. What I am wondering is if I can transfer what I already completed in turbotax free edition, because I was already halfway done when this happened and I don't want to redo everything. Thanks:) 

Note: apparently for switching from free edition to free file you have to make up an entirely new turbotax account, that's why I'm wondering, also my interest paid this past year is only about $600, so idk if I would even get much benefit from switching vs just skipping the student loan interest part

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Can I transfer my turbotax free edition info to turbotax free file (freedom file) for 2018 taxes?

No you cannot transfer your information over to the Turbo Tax Freedom File. You are correct you must create a new account in order to file using the Freedom File. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies