turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Submitting State Tax forms online?

Do I have to mail them?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
RamonT

No, when you E File your state tax online there is nothing else they need you to mail. Unless the systems or the state tells you need to mail anything in. You'll know when you need to mail it in if the system tells you to file by mail, then you will have to print it and send it in. The state will also tell you if you need something mailed by email or most likely a letter to your address. If you do not get any of these then you do not need to mail anything in. If you need more help please leave a comment below and ill be right there to help you

If I paid online for the state filing, but now I find out I in fact have to send it in via mail, does that payment still count? Did I need to have paid at all? Will the state accept that payment? Can I get a refund if that money is not required?
RamonT

When you pay once on turbo tax you can change the filing to mail if you want with no additional cost. Also what did you mean by the other two questions? Did you owe the state any money and that's the payment you are talking about? Or am i off completely?

Thank you! What I'm asking with the second part is, does a state require you to pay the $29.99 to file if you send it in by mail, or is that simply a TT fee? And if I am sending by mail, shouldn't I just do that fully by hand anyway and save the money? And if it is a fault of the TT system that prevents me from e-filing but I have already paid, can I get a refund for that payment?
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies