Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

No Quickbooks desktop has been found

I have quickbooks desktop 2021 pro i have imported in the past.

Single User Mode I am Administrator followed all directions i have company files open. Restarted QBpro logged in as admin again Turbotax still says no QB desktop file has been found.

.getting very unhappy with intuit prod.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

See this TurboTax support FAQ for importing Quickbooks data into the TurboTax desktop editions for Windows - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/import-export-data-files/import-quickboo...

Can't import older QuickBooks to Turbo Tax.

See Catrina's post with 2 work arounds on 3/19/24

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/turbotax-2023-business-not-able-to-import-quickbo...

BethLexus

I'm with you, I still have not been able to upload my Quickbooks data into TurboTax for one of several corporate returns I had to get done.  Not sure why this one file is the only one I'm having a problem with, which had forced me to file an extension because I was so over it.  Intuit keeps wanting more and more money and their services keep getting worse and worse.  I have the 2020 QB accountants version (which cost me $700 or $800), which works perfectly fine for my needs.  But now they are trying to force a ridiculous subscription that is overpriced for no improvement worthy of the money.  Get it together Intuit, I paid for this software and I expect it to work as expected.  You've already disabled features in the QB software I paid for and I'm dealing with those. How the heck do I get this data into TurboTax?

@BethLexus   Were you able to import QuickBooks to other Business returns?  It seems you need to have QB 2021 or newer to import to Turbo Tax.   And I don't know if the Accountant version makes a difference.

Over in the QuickBooks support site, I found this post for Desktop QB. It's a long thread but covers the problem.
https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/taxes/importing-tax-financial-data-from-quickbooks...

One person in that QB post said……
In TurboTax, if you go to the File>Import menu from the top bar, it only has the option of importing from QB 2022-2024. So apparently they aren't supporting older versions of QB.

So true, So sad to take a good product mess it up so that I'm thinking of just going into excel spreadsheet or the old ledgers sheets old school. Yes more time but don't have to pay for constant upgrades. So I ended up instaling qb enterprise 2023 free trial version restart and the am able to import. Turbo tax says i should be able to import with the version of Qb that i have without doing that. But qb blames intuit, intuit blames qb ;( 

I don't want a cloud based solution.  ;(

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies