turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Schedule D- Line 13 - seems to be Calculated Wrong.

For my return  Schedule D line 13 seems to be linked to Schedule B ( Interest and Ordinary Dividends)  when using the direct links in the forms view.

When tracing this back. It is taking Schedule B Line 4 (Interest income , also 1040 Line 2b)  and Schedule B  Line 6 ( Ordinary Dividends income, also 1040 line 3b) and adding them together. But it is also adding in a third extra number which I can't seem to find the source for. 

The instructions in Quicken list this

Schedule D : Line 13

Sum of
Form 8814 (Untitled) Line 10   
plus total capital gain distributions reduced by adjustments, from the Interest and Dividend Income Worksheet.

I dont have or use Form 8814 for Child Interest .  And I don't see anything labeled Interest and Div Income Worksheet  . Only Schedule B .

Anyone have any Idea where it is getting another number to add to this equation ?  Besides  Schedule B Line 4 (Interest income , also 1040 Line 2b)  and Schedule B  Line 6 ( Ordinary Dividends income, also 1040 line 3b)

Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Never Mind,    The Link in the forms page isn't specific enough.  It goes to the page but not the correct column.

It isn't actually pulling anything from Schedule B Line 4 (Interest income , also 1040 Line 2b) and Schedule B Line 6 ( Ordinary Dividends income, also 1040 line 3b) 

Its pulling it all from the sum of the sum of BOX 2A Capital Gains Distribution  column  on The Dividend Income Smart Worksheet

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Never Mind,    The Link in the forms page isn't specific enough.  It goes to the page but not the correct column.

It isn't actually pulling anything from Schedule B Line 4 (Interest income , also 1040 Line 2b) and Schedule B Line 6 ( Ordinary Dividends income, also 1040 line 3b) 

Its pulling it all from the sum of the sum of BOX 2A Capital Gains Distribution  column  on The Dividend Income Smart Worksheet

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies