turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hchen1

Unable to file return electronically. I received a message saying there is an update available. When I check for updates, it says your software is up to date.

I am unable to file electronically.  I received a box showing there is an update available for your version of TurboTax.  Before you can file electronically, you'll need to get this update.  got to online menu and check for updates.  When I when to check for updates, it says your software is up to date.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
hchen1

Unable to file return electronically. I received a message saying there is an update available. When I check for updates, it says your software is up to date.

Never mind, I found the reason.  I have two states, NY, and NJ.  I eventually follow the steps from another thread.  It was recommended to submit Federal then try the states.  On a hunch, I selected to submit only NY and Federal and both went through.  When I tried NJ individually, it failed.  To fix this, I uninstall my TurboTax then reinstall both NJ and NY forms.  Everything work.  I am not sure if it's the NewEgg's version of TurboTax that's causing this error.  Next year, I am buying TurboTax CD from Costco or Staples.  I've never had problem with either Costco nor Staples CD.  This is the second time I have trouble with a downloaded version (this time from NewEgg, the other from Amazon).  In fact, in another thread, a patch was the recommended solution.  When I tried to install that patch, it complains about TurboTax 2018 not found. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies