karenkeeshan

Need to have phone number need to ask a question right away

NatalieC

How do I contact you?

If you're using TurboTax Online:

1. Start by signing in to your account (if you aren't already). Why do I need to sign in?
  2. Click Contact in the upper-right corner of your screen.
  3. Ask your question, and then:
    • Post it to our community of experts; or
    • Talk one-on-one with a live TurboTax Expert, CPA, or enrolled agent (requires the PLUS add-on if using Federal Free Edition).

If you're using the TurboTax CD/Download software or can't sign into your account, click here to contact us. Ask your question, click Continue, and follow our onscreen instructions.

NatalieC

How do I contact you?

If you're using TurboTax Online:

3. Ask your question, and then:

mrossley90

I, too, am trying to ask a question and have spend a great deal of time trying to locate the link mentioned in this post. I am using the desktop version, so I guess that means I don't qualify for support.

Essentially, there is an error in the software. If somebody took a CRD from pre-tax and Roth, they can detail that the Roth distribution is, of course, not taxable. However when returning those funds, it reduces their overall tax liability. This should not be the case, as funds repaid to Roth are, to my understanding, supposed to directly offset those dollars. It seems the system is either pro-rating against pre-tax dollars otherwise not returned, or simply using the returned Roth funds to offset the taxability of pre-tax distributions.